Are you an experienced IT Customer Support Engineer looking for a new challenge in an environment where you can make a real difference to the education of children in the UK?
Are you someone who thrives on variety & pro-actively takes the initiative to deliver an excellent Customer Service and gets a buzz out of going the extra mile for customers?
Can you grow your technical skills to manage a broad and constantly evolving range of ICT?
If so then our IT Customer Support Engineer role could be just what you are looking for…….
RM Education is the leading provider of IT software & services to the Education sector. In the RM Managed Services team we want to be the ICT support partner for our schools, not just a supplier.
We want to get to know them, their teachers and students. We like to spend time understanding their aims and vision for ICT. Only then can we have a good grasp of how we can best support them and their school.
In schools they want ICT to just work, for staff and pupils to be confident that they can easily log on and have swift, safe and reliable access to their files and engaging media rich resources, both inside and out of school.
As a team and individually we all want to deliver the very best for our customers, we believe in doing a really good job and we are proud that what we do has a real impact on education.
If you would like to find out more, take a look at what Sean has to say about working as a part of the Managed Services team in school:
To find out more about what we do you can visit the RM Education homepage:
Working within RM's Managed Services team the Support Engineer is vital to the success of our Managed Service business. In this role the engineer will be predominantly based on one site but will be occasionally required to travel to attend team meetings and provide additional support at other local sites.
The role is very autonomous with a focus on providing broad 1st/ 2nd line technical problem solving/network management as well as building strong relationships with the school leadership and teaching staff and ensuring contractual compliance against KPI’s and SLAs.
In additional to your technical work you will provide advice and coaching to our customers to ensure that they feel confident and comfortable using the IT resources available, putting them to their best use to deliver fantastic teaching & learning experiences for them and their students.
This is a varied IT support role in a very rewarding environment that requires the building of strong relationships with the school staff. If you’re an IT Support Engineer with broad technical and problem solving skills, are a great communicator with a proactive attitude and ultimately get a real buzz out of going the extra mile for customers, this is the role for you.
Skills & experience
* 1st /2nd line IT support & implementation experience including MS Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/8/10 Operating Systems and MS Office 2010 through to 2016.
* 1st/2nd line support for Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP & WINS.
* 1st line support of network infrastructure, VMware, Citrix, Apple, Google & archiving solutions.
* Strong multitasking & problem solving abilities. Excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills, via phone, face to face and other remote access methods.
* Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities. Customer focused. Flexible to cope with change, be proactive and adapt quickly to a developing type of service delivery
* Flexible to visit other schools within the region as and when required
Why You Should Consider This Role:
* A chance to work in one of the UK’s leading employers (certified Top Employer UK for the 11th year running).
* Work with a very broad and constantly evolving array of ICT
* Working within the education IT sector is highly stimulating and hugely rewarding
* RM offers exceptional career development and advancement opportunities
* The role has a high degree of autonomy and combines broad technical exposure as well as the opportunity to develop client relationship management
Working for RM you would be entitled to the following benefits:
* 25 Days Annual Leave (option to buy an extra 5 days)
* Performance Related Bonus Scheme
* Group Personal Pension
* Private Medical Healthcare
* Income Protection
* Life Assurance
The following voluntary benefits are also available:
* Childcare Vouchers
* Voluntary Dental Plan
* Voluntary Health Cash Plan
* Voluntary Critical Illness Cover
* Voluntary Health Assessments
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Give As You Earn (GAYE)
* Employee Referral Scheme
RM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all permanent and temporary staff to share this commitment. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and all successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.