Storage & Virtualization Technical Lead
Our client is looking to recruit a Storage & Virtualization Technical Lead to join their ever growing company on a permanent basis, who will need to have extensive experience and expertise with NetApp and VMWare.
The successful Storage & Virtualization Technical Lead ensuring that the infrastructure services teams run on robust, secure, compliant and performant platforms. The Storage & Virtualization Technical Lead should be able to able to collaborate and influence across all the infrastructure platform teams across the business to help ensure that the client delivers integrated solutions that are aligned to business goals and strategy.
Key Responsibilities as a Storage & Virtualization Technical Lead :
* Design, implement and oversee the IT infrastructure hardware and software components in compliance with the architecture roadmap and based on feasibility checks
* Monitor the IT market and technological trends in the specific area, recommend future technology direction and emerging technologies that will enhance the operating efficiency and support enhanced customer service
* Ensure compliance and quality of the respective specifications and guidelines of the company and legislation (e.g. security, service definitions)
* Maintain and optimize the relevant system, ensure performance and availability and provide release- and patch management
Key Skills and Experience needed in order to be successful :
* Knowledge of common IT process landscape management and standards
* Experienced in IT architecture management and IT security tools
* ITIL certification required
* Possessing project and IT service management skills, analytical thinking skills, methodological and conceptual skills
* Relevant work experience in system engineering in the area of responsibility (e.g. network, server, security, databases etc.)
* Ability to carry out tasks independently in non-standardized (ever-changing) work situations
Please apply as directed
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.