Enterprise Storage & Backup Technical Lead
We are working with a large scale hosted and on-premise managed service provider involved in Big Data analytics in a virtualised and later, containerised environment looking for a Enterprise Storage and Backup Technical Lead.
They are specifically looking for someone who has worked within Technical Leadership as opposed to people management and across Storage and Backup.
You will be the lead systems engineer, responsible for the 2nd/ 3rd line support of this managed services environment.
You will be experienced in monitoring and maintenance of storage and backup infrastructures.
You will proactively look to improve and add efficiency to current processes as well as owning the most complex technical issues.
You will have :
* Clustered filesystem and/or large scale NFS.
* Software defined storage configuration and management.
* Scripting languages for tools development (Python, shell).
* Advanced knowledge of Data restoration strategies in a large-scale multi-platform infrastructure and specific knowledge of backup job scheduling for file system Microsoft Windows Server and Linux Redhat, databases including Microsoft SQL, Oracle and Mysql.
* Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Networker backup on complex large-scale customer infrastructures within large-scale enterprise infrastructure.
* Advanced understanding of tape libraries (Spectra Logic).
* Advanced understanding of disk libraries (Data Domain, Isilon).
* Demonstrated experience managing enterprise level storage solutions.
* Advanced EMC VMAX Array administration.
* Advanced technical knowledge in storage methodologies, design, and implementation.
* Demonstrated experience of architecting new enterprise storage and backup solutions and strategies for upgrading existing solutions.
This is a really exciting and progressive company who are looking to expand their managed services offering specifically with a large US bank. The team is virtual between US, UK and India and they are focused on Data activation and customer data use cases.
For a full specification and more information on the role, please contact asap
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.