Solution Product Manager
Redhill, Surrey (currently home based due to COVID-19)
If you have experience of delivering solutions with a customer-first mentality, this is an exciting opportunity to join a pioneering business that delivers vital services to the region.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It’s an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
We don’t just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive environment that values community, and your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren’t just recruiting for experience – potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and succeed and enjoy working at SES.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Why you should join our team:
It's an exciting time to join us – we are concluding a significant programme of work which will see us become the UK’s first utilities business to deploy Aptumo Billing CRM. We have also created a new customer portal. These projects are the gateway to a digitally led future for SES Water and you will have the chance to make a real impact on our Customer Technology products.
You will join a fast-paced, fun and flexible team who empower each other, have a thirst for success and are committed to delivering exceptional products with the customer in mind. You’ll receive a comprehensive induction so you can hit the ground running and make your mark as soon as possible.
– Salary of £60,000 – £65,000 per annum DOE
– Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
– Free on-site parking or in local area
– Working hours: 37.5 hours per week (working 8:30 – 5:00 or 9:00 – 5:30)
Reporting into our Service Improvement Manager within our Customer Experience (Retail) department, as the Solution Product Manager, you will oversee the delivery of digital solutions for SES Water, including gathering and understanding feature requests, scheduling releases and co-ordinating improvement changes.
Working collaboratively with teams across the business, you will identify user needs, help to understand both customer and business value requirements and liaise with cross-functional teams to manage product releases.
Some of your duties will include:
– Partnering with stakeholders and customers to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritisation for the products we use in Retail
– Working with service partners and customers to develop a roadmap and drive improvements and features
– Taking ownership of the innovation and end-to-end launch of process improvements
– Translating the roadmap into well-defined product requirements
– Leading the product functional design process
Other organisations may call this role Product Owner, Product Manager, Digital Product Manager, Retail Solution Product Manager, Retail Product Manager, IT Product Manager, or Product Development Manager.
At SES Water, we recruit based on potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We’re seeking a self-starting Solution Product Manager with:
– A collaborative approach
– A proven track record of delivering solutions with a customer-first mindset
– An established background in software or services in partnership with providers
– A high level of proficiency in identifying business issues and applying technology solutions to drive improvements
– Experience of working with partners and providers to optimise their solutions
It would be beneficial if you also had experience of product management, which included Salesforce, but this is not essential.
– Life assurance
– Bonus scheme
– 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
– Give as you earn scheme
– Financial education, savings, and personal loans through Neyber
– Aqualibrium – our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
– Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
– Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
– One day paid volunteering a year
– Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Water work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. We are both equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a Solution Product Manager, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.