Software Trainer & Learning and Development Specialist
Put your software training experience to great use as part of our innovative and dynamic business, where you’ll be provided with comprehensive training and support to succeed.
For over 30 years Redthorn has been providing practical MRP software solutions to the engineering and manufacturing sectors. The business success has been gained by building close relationships with clients to create bespoke software solutions to unlock genuine business improvement. The small team of highly skilled and experienced professionals focus on the provision of excellent customer service and support, which is key to the ongoing company success.
We have plans to launch additional products and services and are looking to bring in new skills within the team to help make this happen.
The Software Trainer & Learning and Development Specialist role
This is a newly created role within the business and an ideal opportunity for you to develop and deliver a suite of training, user adoption and change management initiatives from scratch, to drive the successful uptake of our software solutions across the user community.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Developing, deploying and maintaining a training and eLearning strategy, incorporating an LMS platform and portal for training materials
* Developing training content and materials for both face to face and online, and delivering the training for software, modules, and business intelligence tools
* Working with customers and the office team to identify customer training requirements, and innovative product enhancements, such as improving the user interface
* Planning and training mixed groups of people, from the Managing Director to the shop floor
* Supporting the account management activity and driving customer satisfaction and retention
As the Software Trainer and Learning and Development Specialist, you’ll be part of a growing, ambitious business which truly values its employees, and you’ll benefit from:
* Salary up to £35,000 per with the level dependent on experience
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Superb career development opportunities
* Free car parking
* Modern office environment with excellent facilities
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Our office will be based in Preston (easy access from the M6), however there will be a requirement to work from home initially due to Covid-19. Ongoing flexibility for some remote working will be considered.
Requirements for this Software Trainer and L&D Specialist vacancy
* Proven experience in a similar role delivering software training, ideally gained within a manufacturing or engineering environment
* Ability to quickly grasp technical information, and be able to clearly articulate the information to existing and potential clients
* Strong commercial awareness with the ability and desire to increase sales
* Excellent communication and organisational skills
* Full UK driving licence, and willingness to travel infrequently to customer sites when permitted
Although not essential, the following would be highly advantageous:
* Experience of managing LMS / eLearning Systems
* Experience of supporting SaaS product deployment
* Experience developing a system usage monitoring process (System Optimisation)
All applications for this Software Trainer and L&D Specialist vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.