Software Test Engineer – Test Automation – Space Sector
This is a fantastic new opportunity with a regular client of ours who has a range of exciting projects in the Space sector. We're looking for two experienced Software Test Engineers – one junior, one senior, for assurance and test programmes in SatComs.
These are customer-facing roles and at the senior end, will involve development of verification/test strategies including sub-systems acceptance, integration and end to end systems and acceptance test campaigns. The roles are focused on software that supports leading-edge Satellite Communications networks, and we need people experience in test automation.
Software Test Engineer – responsibilities
* Design and develop VV&T strategies and plans, environments and equipment
* Creating test procedures and cases including satellite optical & communications payload, ground systems, radio networks, IP networks
* Creation and development of automated test suites
* Creating test reports and working with development team on investigating & resolving issues
* Reviewing and providing comment on testability issues
* Conducting post-test data analysis and reporting
* Participating in meetings with customers and partners
Software Test Engineer – requirements
* Proven experience in software testing. Experience in Space / SatComs would be ideal, but other suitably structured engineering environments is fine
* Good knowledge of test automation software – e.g. Selenium, Gherkin, Cucumber
* Understanding of the software development lifecycle and methods – Agile, DevOps
* Strong experience in test strategies, planning & procedures, documentation and execution
* A good understanding of systems engineering practices i.e. requirements engineering, design/development and VV&T
* Experience of Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure or GCP) would be beneficial
* Familiarity with OSS/BSS would be useful
This will be a hybrid role, with time split between client site (London) and home
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.