Software Test Analyst – Gateshead or Basingstoke
The Software Development function at De La Rue, provides mature agile development services for multiple customers and internal stakeholders, across a range of key software products across the business.
We work together and value people who are collaborative, helping each other and sharing knowledge across the department, using wikis and team chat rooms to build our knowledge. We drive change and innovate, we love keeping up with the latest technologies and approaches and furthering ourselves and our teams.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an iconic British manufacturer and global leader of Banknotes and Authentication solutions, currently delivering against a challenging growth plan despite the recent global challenges. It is a permanent, full-time vacancy, based at home during the current UK lockdown, returning to an office-based role at either our offices in Gateshead or Head Office in Basingstoke when it is safe to do so.
What will you be doing?
* Define, write and execute automated and manual tests (Functional, Non-Functional, Regression, Ad-hoc and Compatibility) to enable defect detection and solution validation
* Responsible for the co-ordination, planning and test execution of all phases of testing (such as, but not limited to, System Test, System Integration, UAT, OAT, Performance testing, Non-Functional & Regression Test) to ensure that new or amended software solutions meet requirements and required quality expectations.
* Review and understand business requirements, user stories and specifications/acceptance criteria and define test conditions.
* Review Supplier test documentation including test scripts and automation scripts
* Impacting of functional and non-functional technical changes in a manner that allows for effective planning of testing.
* Analyse test results, identify and report defects, issues and risks associated with own work and for the QA team.
* Ensure balance is achieved between time to market, cost, scope, and risk, this may be through the employment of a risk-based approach.
* Provide User acceptance test support to Business users and Customers across multiple software solutions.
* Production of Customer test plans, test cases, conditions, test scripts and test results;
* Relentlessly focus on our user's need, driving incremental delivery of software that has the highest value and address areas of most risk in a timely manner;
* Work closely across the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the team delivers its commitments;
* Continuously drive improvement with yourself, the team and the department through ways of working with more agility and introducing technologies;
* Promote knowledge sharing across the team and department, ensuring that we work as closely and effectively as possible.
What skills, qualifications and knowledge are we looking for?
* A strong understanding of the full software testing lifecycle & methodologies with experience of Functional, Integration and Regression testing
* The ability to write and execute automated and manual tests (Functional, Non-Functional, Regression, Ad-hoc and Compatibility) to enable defect detection and solution validation
* ISTQB Certified Tester-Beginner Level: Test Analyst Accreditation or equivalent
* Experience of test management software such as TFS/MS Test Manager
* Solid non-functional testing experience
* Experience in writing and executing SQL queries
* Experience with virtualisation technology
* SOAP UI/POSTMAN for integration testing
* Relevant knowledge of test automation experience using Cucumber, Selenium, Gherkin
* Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery and the principles and practices of BDD & TDD
* Test automation experience of JAVA and SOAP based APIs and Web Services using single and multi-threading
* Load and Performance Testing experience – Performance Centre and JMeter or similar tools
* ISTQB Certified Tester- Advanced Level: Test Analyst Accreditation or equivalent
* ITIL V3 Foundation
* An understanding or experience in TMMI
* Experience of testing solutions using BizTalk
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.