Chelton wants you!
Are you on the lookout for an electrifying career in a dynamic, booming industry? Are you passionate about what you do and constantly on the lookout for the next big idea? Then we want you!
Aerospace and defence equipment wouldn’t be able to operate if it wasn’t for avionic manufacturers like Chelton. We pride ourselves on working with customers and being attuned to industry trends to expand the possibilities of aerospace and defence and give our customers a helping hand in achieving mission success. Working in challenging environments, producing failsafe technology with smart thinking – it’s just what we do. But we couldn’t do it without the Chelton A-team. That’s why we’re on the look out to add a Software Requirements and Verification Engineer to our elite workforce.
No two days are ever the same at Chelton, you’ll constantly be faced with new challenges to overcome. From the very beginning, you will be able to take full ownership and accountability to see products through to success. After all, where would we be if it wasn’t for the people behind the products?
If you’re looking to leave your mark on the world, why not choose the exhilarating world of aerospace and defence and better yet, join Chelton for your chance to innovate, create and excite.
This role will be based at our headquarters in Marlow
As a Software Requirements and Verification Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Familiarity with the product lifecycle from system requirements, architecture, design, integration, qualification, verification, through to production and support
* 10 or more years’ experience of developing production software ideally for one or more of the following: radar, electronic warfare, communications and / or surveillance systems for an airborne environment
* Embedded Linux and Windows
* Software security awareness and standards
* Networking interfaces and routers
* Expertise in design, coding, debugging, reviewing and testing software
* Extensive experience of C++ software development
* Experience of developing MFC GUI software applications for Windows
* Experience in Agile design environment
* UML Enterprise architect and documentation
* Experience with task unit testing.
* Experience of implementing networking solutions including knowledge of TCP networking
* Experience of implementing software interfacing various serial data UART/I2C/IPMI
* An understanding of Configuration Management and Quality Assurance principles
* Experience of agile development methods preferably scrum
* Ability to obtain a SC Security Clearance
As a Software Requirements and Verification Engineer your key responsibilities will include
* Translation of use cases into software requirements
* Owner of the software verification
* Author of the software test cases
* Author of the software test procedures
* Able to define any software analysis
* Author of the software test reports
* To work with the software integration engineer to ensure work builds towards formal sign-off
* To work with the ITEA team to achieve overall system sign-off at the Factory Acceptance Tests and User Acceptance Tests
* To support any user workshops to ensure what is delivered by software is what the user wants
* Application of, and compliance with, engineering processes and practices including engineering framework, LCM and regulatory requirements
* Identification of opportunities for the improvement of processes, practices and tools
* Collaboration with other project team members to analyse and address project requirements
* Collaboration with discipline peers within the team, BU and company to share and learn best practice
* Support the implementation of design review practice in accordance with LCM project governance
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also join a flexible benefits scheme offering private medical insurance, life assurance, matched pension and 25 days holiday per annum with the ability to buy and sell days. We are also happy to offer flexible working and a part-subsidised cafeteria.
Securing success in some of the world’s most demanding environments isn’t just down to Chelton’s failsafe, pioneering technology. From aerospace and defence communications through to navigation and electronic warfare, it’s all driven by the people behind it.
Top-level talent pushing boundaries from the moment we first explore requirements. Always looking for new ways to meet tough challenges. And asking the right questions to find answers that redefine capabilities.
At Chelton, we’re proud to be on our customers’ team. Bringing together smart thinking, technological excellence and future vision – whatever their system ambitions
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.