Software Engineering Manager
£60,000 – £80,000 (Depending on experience)
Sutton, Surrey (Currently remote, Hybrid moving forwards)
Why work for us
ICIS is a brand in LexisNexis Risk Solution Group, part of RELX(FTSE 100). ICIS connects data, markets and customers to create a comprehensive trusted view of global commodities markets, enabling smarter business decisions. ICIS helps businesses across the chemical and energy markets make strategic decisions, mitigate risk, and capitalise on new opportunities. A trusted source and benchmark for price information and insight across key commodities markets worldwide, our independent, transparent market intelligence and analytics solutions informs thousands of quality decisions every day globally. As one of the fastest growing business in RELX in data and analytics space ICIS relies on a vast array of technology solutions to power its business.
ICIS is driven by high performance culture and our six core values of being passionate, accountable, courageous, curious, one team and committed to customer forms the basis of all our decisions, interactions across the organisation and is central to the success and culture of our organisation. LNRS is committed to improve the diversity and inclusion of its employees and we have number of employee resource groups like Women in Tech, Race and Ethnicity, LGBTQ+, Disability etc who work actively across the company to improve the diversity and inclusion.
The Software Engineering Manager plays a critical role in providing leadership, management, direction, and vision to technology squads including software engineers, quality assurance testers. The engineering manager is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to offshore contractors/consultants and interns needed to ensure delivery of successful product solutions. They work closely with development peers, product, and project leaders/managers, and direct the successful completion and delivery of respective software components and any other related deliverables as well as ensuring engineering excellence and operational maturity. The Engineering Manager is additionally expected to report progress to senior management. Additional responsibilities include identifying and supporting talent, coaching & mentoring of team members and defining resource requirements and allocations.
* Successfully lead large onshore and offshore resources in solving complex business needs and coordinate the production of advanced complex software and serve as a senior source of expertise.
* Lead the development of technical standards and perform reviews to ensure enterprise and architectural standards and processes are followed.
* Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Recommend technical strategy and direction across functional area and participate in development and evolution of architecture.
* Provide design input across a product and work directly with customers and end users.
* Seek diverse ideas and perspectives from a variety of sources to create better solutions, products, and services and champion innovation within your squads and across the organisation.
* Proven experience working in a similar role, preferably within a large organisation.
* BSc Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent qualification.
* Excellent technical leadership and proficient with Agile Software Development, Scrum methodologies.
* Expertise and proven experience in various staffing and resource models and leading multiple development squads.
* Ability to engage and liaise with stakeholders across all functions.
* Implementation, integration and management of complex solutions (distributed, multi-platform, multi-technology).
* Advanced organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and advanced delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
* Experience of on-premise, virtualisation and cloud based infrastructure using Amazon Web Services or Azure.
* Solid knowledge of Security Engineering best practices.
* DevOps, Build and Deployment automation (Puppet, TeamCity, Docker desirable).
* Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others.
* Advanced communication (verbal and written), strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers.
We’re a superb company to work for, with great people, world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects.
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, we believe in the power of data and advanced analytics for better risk management. With over 40 years of expertise, we are the trusted data analytics provider for organizations seeking actionable insights to manage risks and improve results while upholding the highest standards for security and privacy. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, LexisNexis Risk Solutions serves customers in more than 100 countries and is part of FTS 100, RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.