R&D Software Engineer
A Software Engineer is required to join the R&D Department to deliver ground-breaking signalling system software-based products.
The Software Engineer will be expected to undertake requirements analysis, architecting and design of the work in a core team of software engineers in a dynamic development environment providing high value early lifecycle development capability for both safety-critical and safety-related software developments. The focus of the team will be on producing software solutions, performing all parts of the development lifecycle. The team will use a mix of traditional and agile techniques to manage risk and ensure on-time delivery of quality software.
The Software Engineer provides a technical role responsible for requirements analysis, software architecture, design, code, and test, and problem analysis on high-value safety-critical and safety-related projects.
* Requirement’s analysis and specification of high level software design
* Development and implementation of software design
* Code and test of embedded systems
* Requirements Analysis
* Design using structured techniques
* Development of test specifications
* Support of integration and system testing
* Visits to site to assist in testing and commissioning
* Report on progress as required
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* Graduate in a relevant engineering discipline or other numerate subject, although equivalent experience would also be considered
* Proficient in UML, C#, Windows Presentation Format
* Previous engineering experience
* Experience in development of embedded software
* Self-motivated, adaptable and able to learn quickly
* Demonstrable knowledge of good development standards and practices as applicable to engineering disciplines, with at least 5 years’ experience of delivering systems in a controlled software environment.
* Good knowledge of configuration management and control practices
* Able to work to tight timescales
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good inter-personal skills
* Knowledge, particularly experience of developing Safety Critical Software up to SIL4 level.
* Familiarity with Agile software development techniques (ideally Scrum).
* Proficient in using UML for software design
* Experience with DOORS
* Experience with Artisan
* Railway Industry background. Knowledge of CENELEC 50128.
* Systems Engineering experience
* Knowledge of C#, SQL
* Knowledge of cloud computing (Amazon Web Services)
* Knowledge of Source control tools – Git, Synergy
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.