This is a chance to be at the forefront of a new expanding business that has come up with something that is taking off and earn equity in the business along the way.
With bases in Oxford and Edinburgh, they are re-imagining the research layer in healthcare. Their mission is to accelerate research and medical progress by working with citizens and the NHS. Thousands of clinicians use their services to deliver care to millions of patients. They provide the telemedicine that is powering multiple clinical trials during the pandemic (including Oxford University’s COVID vaccine trial). Beyond this, their products will continue to support the healthcare industry in a multitude of ways.
The team is looking for new members to join the web and server development team. Based in Edinburgh, the role involves working in a newly formed software team working in their product teams to deliver web applications and backend software through a complete software lifecycle.
The company is looking for capable, self-motivated engineers with experience of delivering modern software in an agile manner. The successful candidate will have a passion for great software design and implementation, full ownership of issues, as well as thorough testing and documentation, where appropriate.
The successful candidate is likely to have the following:
* A degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or an Engineering disciple
* 2 – 5 years’ experience working in commercial software development
* Experience of testing at various levels and test-driven development
* Excellent communication skills – written & diagrammatic – as well as verbal
The successful candidate would ideally have some experience or interest in the following:
* PHP development and the Laravel Framework
* Front end development
* Implementation of Cyber-security in the engineering design
* Relational Database design, data modelling or IG governance
About the company’s software and technology
The company believes strongly in modern software development practices. They are always looking for improvements to our process and ways of working. They work in multi-disciplinary product teams, to SCRUM, applied practically, not dogmatically!
The technology stack revolves around Atlassian products for Issue management and documentation, AWS for infrastructure, XUnit, Cypress, XRay & Saucelabs for testing and Bitbucket for version control and CI/ CD. They look for opportunities to automate process where sensible but not overly onerous.
They favour quality and consistency over wild deadlines (although sometimes that can happen!). Carefully thought through software design with a ‘just enough’ documentation and thorough testing gets a gold star. They do not hire software developers to write lengthy prose and trawl through huge requirements documents!
* Own a part of the company: competitive salary and share options through an EMI share option scheme
* Pension: through the NEST scheme
* Flexible working: This is not a fully remote role. However, they trust you to own your own work and deliver on your commitments.
* Working from home: They will support you with equipment you need to be able to work comfortably from home.
* City centre location: Our tech team is based in the heart of Edinburgh
* Top-notch hardware: High-end laptop and equipment – Windows or Mac – Linux builds are always available
* Social and collaborative culture: Regular socials (both online and offline) and opportunities to attend Tech Meetups etc.
* Flexible holiday allowance
* Industry leading internal processes: from the tools they use to communicate, to how they manage expenses, holiday and payroll, they use the best available tools for our internal process management
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.