SOFTWARE ENGINEER – UP TO £60K | FULLY REMOTE WITHIN THE UK
Our client is the world leading rent a car provider operating in 100 countries – this is an exciting opportunity for you to join their B2B tech solutions team to support worldwide operations. They lead the way in terms of people development and employees are at the heart of everything they do, putting them first. The training and development for each staff member is phenomenal.
The UK based team are looking for a smart, passionate and results-oriented software engineer to help develop innovative software initiatives across our software suite. This is a great opportunity for an engineer who is interested in exploring software technologies throughout the stack and excited to take the challenges to have a major impact on our products.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. They are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You’ll listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with their expectations.
* Contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity.
* Design and build advanced automated build, test, and release infrastructure.
* Partner with other teams to increase the productivity of engineers.
* Evangelize and drive the adoption of best practices in code health, testability, maintainability, scalability.
* Implement and automate development best practices and strategies.
* Develop and track key metrics for engineering performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status.
* Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
* Participate in tactical initiatives such as designing, developing and reviewing code with the opportunity to be part of strategic visioning, introducing new technologies, design, improved metrics, and process improvements
* Share responsibility with your teammates for occasional after-hours on-call rotation for support of production level systems
* Design, develop, execute, and maintain complex automated test code, scripts, and data per recognized SDLC methodology
Qualifications / Basic Requirements:
* Professional experience in application development at an enterprise level. (post-graduate)
* Professional experience in SQL or NoSQL DB structures, experience with DB migration scripts (SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo)
* Professional experience with object-oriented programming language
* Proficiency with Continuous Integration (Jenkins or other)
* Experience in cloud native computing (Docker, Kubernetes)
* Experience in micro-service environments
* Occasional travel to company offices or meetings as required
* For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed internet connection and dedicated work space are required
Nice to have:
* Experience in front-end technologies, such as: Angular or Nest.js
* Experience including JAVA, Node.js or SpringBoot
* Experience creating applications in cloud-based and cloud native development environments (ex. Azure, AWS, Google, Kubernetes)
* Experience creating and consuming API's or experience developing web services
* Experience developing software in a SaaS environment using CI/CD and DevOps methodology
* Automated test development and execution (for example, REST-assured, Selenium, etc)
Please note that all applicants must have the ability to pass a security check involving financial probity and basic criminality
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.