Our prestige engineering client is currently recruiting for the following role:
Software Developer Project Manager – Warwickshire – Up to £410/Day (Outside IR35) – 6 Months contract (rolling)
The role of IT Project Manager is required to manage delivery of IT projects for our customers manufacturing plant. You will work with Agile based teams, some of which will be remote to deliver the project. You will be responsible in leading / executing / implementing / reporting / supervising and managing the project for our automotive customer.
– Leads the successful delivery of assigned IT programmes/projects, being accountable for the identification, planning and coordination ensuring priorities, interdependencies and resources are managed effectively.
– Works upstream with Product Managers to understand proposals in the pipeline and ensure smooth transition into a new project within the portfolio, and to ensure that business stakeholders are managed on all the projects within the project.
– Leading a project team of IT professional to deliver an agreed scope in accordance with the governance model and maintaining close contact with all stakeholders.
– Leads the programme/project team(s) in determining business requirements and translating requirements into operational plans.
– Proactively plans and manages project resources in line with business change priorities so that a realistic delivery approach is established and maintained.
– Plans, directs, and co-ordinates project activities to manage from concept to final operational stage; plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on activities related to the project
– Monitors and reports on programme health/project performance (cost, timing, resources, deliverables and risks) in line with customers delivery methodology and Programme/Project Management processes
– Ensure dependencies between the programmes/project are correctly identified and managed appropriately
– Works downstream with Service Delivery Managers to ensure engagement occurs at appropriate points throughout the lifecycle of the projects in the portfolio and that the effective handover to operational support is managed effectively.
– Manage adherence to Operational Acceptance processes to ensure timely delivery into Service Delivery
– Ensures that the programme/project is managed to realise business benefits and that stakeholders are informed by an awareness of current technical developments
– Partners with relevant process owners, and Product Managers to ensure that all project deliverables are met.
– Work with the Product Managers to understand where changes in technology can be introduced and included in projects.
– Manage programme and project finances, including the full procurement cycle.
– Co-ordinate with commercial, legal, security and audit departments to define their project requirements and ensure the appropriate approvals for project deliverables are captured and auditable.
– Manages third party suppliers
Experience / Skills Required:
– Significant experience managing complex projects/programme of change projects with proven track record of delivery
– Strong experience in agile and devops methodology
– Proven experience of complex stakeholder management who hold different views
– Proven experience of managing Agile software development projects
– Proven experience of working with globally distributed teams
– Strong analytical skills to identify how one issue can impact on another and put in place the required interventions through support or from own knowledge base
– Ability to manage significant risks and issues
– Proven supplier management experience
– Experience of digital connectivity solutions within the transport industry
– Background in digital delivery
Please note to apply for this position, you MUST have a UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship of any kind.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.
Premea is a specialist recruitment consultancy representing clients in the UK and internationally within the Automotive, Motorsport and Aerospace sectors
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.