The Ground Segment department of an international high-tech aerospace & defence company requires an experienced software developer to develop and maintain software for cloud-based Earth Observation applications.
Working with other Developers you will be maintaining and improving components for their cloud-based platform in a perpetually innovating environment. The platform provides web services to applications using Earth Observation imagery including monitoring pastures in Mongolia, urban mapping in Europe and Africa, detecting environmental threats along the coast and illegal logging in central America to name a few.
You will be responsible for components running in an operational environment and carrying out rigorous testing of components before deployment. Some components will require upgrading to a higher programming standard from initial R&D whilst others are developed under an open source approach. The components are processing images coming from the satellites, drones, and artificial intelligence to extract information which is stored and distributed by our servers to service providers using blockchains. The service providers integrate this information into their application with other datasets to deliver a specific service to their final users.
Main duties include:
* Design and develop components in Python or Java
* Deploy and maintain existing components in operational environment
* Coordinate with other engineers in charge of other components of the platform to insure its consistency and efficiency
* Document designs, developments and interfaces in a shared environment
* Suggest innovative approach to tackle the technical challenges
* Contribute to the roadmap of the platform by suggesting evolutions
* Python and one object-oriented programming language, preferably Java
* Knowledge Python application packaging
* Practice of Tests Driven development
* Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tool chains, preferably Git stash, Bamboo, SonarQube
* Documentation and development in a community environment, preferably Atlassian, confluence, JIRA
* Detailed knowledge of Linux and Windows OS’s, with particular focus on secure configurations
* Agile and Iterative software development
* Automated documentation systems
* Knowledge of virtualisation, cloud technology, dockers
Please direct any questions to Toby at Bemillion on the phone number below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.