This is a key technical role for project engagements. The ServiceNow Technical Consultant will provide a deep level of ServiceNow technical support and delivery capability to SCC project delivery teams.
Through providing technical consulting services to clients the ServiceNow Technical Consultant contributes to the design, development and delivery of technical architecture and aspects of customer solution components.
Working alongside the ServiceNow Process Consultant, the ServiceNow Technical Consultant focuses on the technical deployment of cloud-based solutions that meet clients’ business needs, primarily the development guidance and delivery of programming techniques to develop robust solutions and attaining technical milestones throughout the engagements.
– Assist in requirements capture through attending and contributing to customer workshops, document requirements as Stories)
– Technical Story design – e.g. integration, scripting, more complex technical configuration activities
– Implementation of technical stories (ServiceNow configuration and customisation via business rules, client scripts etc, data uploads/transforms, configure reports/dashboards etc).
– Unit testing of Story developments (peer review/testing)
– Documentation of designs
– Customisation of SCC ServiceNow training decks to incorporate delivered activities
– Defect fixes and enhancements for customers
– UAT support
– Go-live support
– Deliver a positive and value-add experience for our customers in every interaction
– Ensure each artefact produced, all guidance and recommendations made, and all personal interactions are of the highest quality
– Be alert to generate additional sales opportunities within the project
– Contribute techniques and methods to continuously improve the SCC’s delivery processes
– Establish credibility at all levels with customer and build problem-solving partnerships with clients and colleagues.
– Understand sales process, information and support requirements, and assist sales staff in identifying leads
* Educated to degree level or have at least 3 years’ experience in an IT industry/environment
* Three or more years of experience in technical analysis and design, preferably within a consulting environment
* At least two years of ServiceNow platform and application configuration experience with a demonstrable portfolio of multiple platform successes
* Experience working with techniques, tools, and approaches for application development and system integration
* Demonstrate a deep technical understanding of Service Management concepts, principles and development capabilities
* Experience working with software, hardware, data and testing standards
* Service Now Certified Administrator
* Service Now Certified Implementation Specialist
* ITIL Foundation
* Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
* Excellent written and oral communication skills including customer liaison at senior levels
* Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills, ability to enable collaboration
* Ability to translate business requirements into development Stories
* Ability to configure ServiceNow applications
* Investigation and analysis of problems with a methodical and disciplined approach
* Proactive customer support and problem resolution
* Working to project timescales
* Ability to research alternative solutions and make recommendations
* Ability to devise creative technical solutions
* Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex technical problems
* Project/change management experience and skills
Experience working with delivery assurance principles and procedures
Service Now Application Developer
Experience working in an Advisory capacity, providing consulting in non-technical areas such as Organisational Change Management
Innovative and pro-active, able to work on own initiative and a problem solver
Demonstrable ability to handle a range of activities to tight and varied timescales
Demonstrable customer service orientated approach
Excellent confident customer facing skills
Ability to assimilate complex customer requirements
Driven to succeed in the role
Effective team player
Competent IT capabilities
Willingness to travel
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.