Job title: Service Desk Analyst
Duration: 6 months
Deliver support for IT, e-Learning and library services to the staff and students of the University of Edinburgh.
· Working on our central IT support helpline to provide customers with help and advice on using university systems and services. Diagnosing and resolving IT support problems.
· Providing online (virtual) and face to face support to students and staff on the configuration and use of laptops and mobiles devices at our walk-up IT support desk.
· Contribute to the performance of the service by taking on key operational responsibilities as required.
· Identify and document solutions and guidance for common queries.
· Represent the team on projects and service improvement initiatives.
· Plan and prioritise daily personal workload ensuring support calls are dealt with efficiently whilst keeping customers informed on the progress of their call.
· Manage calls coming into the IS Helpline, dealing with those at first line, or escalating to background teams as appropriate.
· Gather relevant details as required to analyse queries. Providing a workaround or solution and determining the root cause where appropriate.
· Experience of using a call management tool
· Familiarity with the business of a University or Higher Education Institution.
· Telephone skills
· Good time management skills
· Educated to a higher education level (in an IT or computing field) or equivalent experience
· Experience of. Microsoft Office, Windows and Mac operating systems
· Team player with strong customer service skills
· Excellent analytical, written and communication skills
· High level of attention to detail
· Self-motivation and the ability to work unsupervised at times
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.