We’re the professional body for the police service in England and Wales. Working together with everyone in policing, we share the skills and knowledge officers and staff need to prevent crime and keep people safe. We set the standards in policing to build and preserve public trust and we help those in policing develop the expertise needed to meet the demands of today and prepare for the challenges of the future.
We have three complementary functions:
· Share knowledge and good practice – We create and maintain easy access to knowledge, disseminate good practice, and facilitate the sharing of what works.
· Set standards – We set standards for key areas of policing which help forces and individuals provide consistency and better service for the public.
· Support professional development – We set requirements, accredit, quality assure and deliver learning and professional development, promote diversity and wellbeing, and help to nurture and select leaders at all levels.
Applications are invited for the post of Service Delivery & Operations Lead.
The selected candidate will deliver leadership, assurance and strategic vision to the organisation’s new Service Delivery and Operations capability bringing together technical skills and specialist roles from service management and IT infrastructure services working to high customer and service standards.
Provide the service delivery and operations management of ongoing internal and external complex digital and IT services, meeting demand and commitments, through the application of expertise in strategic thinking and communication in providing the best service for the end user.
Play a key role in the leadership of the College as a whole, embodying the organisation’s values and leadership behaviours, Code of Ethics and commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
Support the Head of Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) in the recruitment, retention and development of highly skilled people to enhance the digital transformation and offer to those in policing.
Collaborate with the Head of DDaT in the Delivery Lead function to manage resourcing, risks, issues and dependencies in the implementation of best practice processes.
Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders, act as a brand ambassador for the College to maximise reputation and connection with policing, promote College products and services and inspire and support people to succeed.
All applicants must have:
· Master’s Degree or equivalent Level 7 Post Graduate qualification in a relevant technical or service management area or demonstrable equivalent experience.
· Agile Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or PRINCE 2 Project Management certification.
· Extensive senior management experience in management in a digital service management or IT infrastructure environment, ideally in law enforcement or wider Government.
Closing Date is 12th October 2021 (midnight)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org