This role can be based remotely or in the office in Dublin.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Test Automation Engineer to join our team to ensure the quality of our product and a faster release process.
As the successful candidate you will be given significant training on latest software industry practices. You will get exposure to and experience of working with cloud technologies. As part of an expanding company and Agile development organisation there will be significant opportunities to further your career.
* Test Automation based on industry best practice and experience
* Develop reusable test components and suites.
* Develop Java/JSP based test components within our Test Client and develop/maintain Selenium tests using Java for these components
* Work with and contribute to our Selenium Framework developed in Java.
* Create and maintain Test Cases from Requirements documentation & Specifications that clearly define and verify the acceptability of software
* Experience to identify areas within a feature that might prove problematic to test and identify areas in existing or new features that require more coverage.
* Drafting test scripts and test cases based on approved requirements that clearly verify the usability and acceptability of software
* Executing test scripts, test cases for testing enterprise software according to industry best practice and experience on a variety of web and thick client technologies within mainstream and agile projects.
* Drafting and executing regression scripts
* Test & Defect Reporting following industry best practice
* Proving test coverage for service pack releases, including regression and defect verification
* Production of quality documentation to support the quality assurance and test processes
* Troubleshoot and analyse issues and suggest viable workarounds, where possible
* Liaising with the Development & Project teams to ensure adherence to quality during the development process
* Assist with planning and managing the team workload, including providing work estimates, and delivering to these estimates
* Mentoring of less experienced staff where appropriate e.g. development & test best practices, peer review of test definitions and test code.
* Provide detailed planning and tracking information to Scrum Masters, Development leads and Project management
* Minimum of 5+ years post qualification experience in a development/test automation role with exposure to the full SDLC, preferably on enterprise scale systems
* Experience working with Selenium, Java, JUnit, TestNG, Spock
* Experience working with Continuous Integration, and build automation tools such as Jenkins, Gradle
* Experience working with and deploying to Application servers
* Experience working with Databases and SQL
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.