Senior Software Developer
Are you a hands-on Software Developer/ Lead or Senior Developer seeking a new adventure in a growing company? Do you have team management experience? Do you have .Net development experience?
We have a great opportunity for an experienced, passionate, and hands-on Senior Software Developer to join our newly formed central application development team within PIB Group. This team is responsible for development of external facing commercial applications as well as building bespoke internal solutions for the business. This role can be based anywhere in the UK, working from home predominately with the occasional visit to one of our PIB offices.
Your creative and collaborative interpersonal nature will contribute to your involvement in the full lifecycle of the software delivery using the Agile/Scrum methodology. You will have robust knowledge and experience of developing software and programming at a senior level, with proven team management. You will be well rounded within this area, with solid full-stack development of application coding, as well as experience in ensuring compliance with a company’s architecture strategy and principles along with their security and business requirements.
As the business goes through an exciting growth period, there will be many opportunities to get involved in other exciting projects and progress in this role.
As a company, PIB is a successful growing group of businesses across different elements of the insurance sector. The Group is growing rapidly both through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market. For context, as a Group we have grown from £15m turnover in 2016 to over £120m in 2019 and we continue to expand from a wholly UK base to mainland Europe with trade reaching to Latin America.
This is an exciting time to join the PIB Group. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees.
– You will be directly responsible for the application solution design using modelling techniques, coupled with the application development, performing hands-on cross-functional, full-stack development of the application code,
– You will be a Subject Matter Expert and owner of a part of the product/module, carrying out code reviews of the team members,
– You will have strong collaborative skills, working with various stakeholders such as product managers, developers, data analysts and the operational support teams,
– You will ensure that the design and code are aligned with PIB’s Architecture/Strategy and security principles,
– You will deputise for the Team Leader whenever required,
– You will have experience working in a cross-functional SCRUM team, with excellent knowledge of developing applications, using .Net technologies,
– You will have strong experience carrying out application design and modelling using UML modelling tools (such as Sparx Enterprise Architect),
– You will have solid, hands on development experience using C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, MVC, web forms and micro services,
– You will have robust experience in T-SQL, SQL, JSOM, XML and database design,
– You will have excellent experience in DEVOPS tools and techniques,
– You will have solid experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment,
Full Job Description available on request.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.