Senior Software Architect – Reading – £85,000 + Excellent Benefits
People Source Consulting are currently seeking a Senior Software Architect to join our client and take responsibility in supporting the creation of a Brand New Software Centre of Excellence.
Focusing on R&D and Innovation using leading software development frameworks with a bias towards Open Source and Open Standards. You will work with a range of technologies to deliver innovative solutions in an Agile Innovation lab environment to meet client demands, but also to produce high-level, bleeding edge software that has the ability to deliver the “wow” factor.
• Producing complex and varied component designs and specifications.
• Production of integration test strategies test plans and managing integration testing.
• Undertake estimates for the creation and development of the full range of complex IT solutions and to ensure the estimates are achievable.
• Implementing change control procedures.
• Maintain and develop a high level of knowledge, skill and competencies in software development for an extensive range of systems development project types.
• Responsible for liaison with other phases or projects and external teams to ensure integration of technical solutions.
• Ensure appropriate software configuration management processes for deliverables within the context of the phase are implemented.
• Report team’s progress and issues to the Project Manager in a timely manner. In particular, to relay issues that might impact on quality or the ability to deliver to timescales or estimates.
• Identify and communicate potential risk areas to the Company and the customer.
• Identify and manage risk in his/her business activities and responsible for reporting risks
• Carry out audits and participate in technical walkthroughs of other team members’ components, test plans and results.
• Promote and contribute to a body of knowledge in the application of technology to addressing business issues.
• Java, JS, Scala, C# & Python is required.
• Reactive Programming
• Experience of Spark
• Knowledge of and applied experience of developing Microservices, Containers, AKKA Actor fModel, Spring Cloud/Boot frameworks and deployment methodologies in Public Cloud and Private Cloud environments.
Essential skills & experience:
• Knowledge and experience of associated software engineering tools, techniques, methods
• Demonstrable experience of working as a Lead or Senior Software Engineer on large or complex software engineering programmes / projects with multiple software development teams.
• Experience in Project / team leadership of multiple software development teams.
• High level understanding of Modern Software Testing Techniques (Manual / Automated)
Nice to have skills & Experience:
• CI/CD tools Docker/BitBucket/GIT etc.
• Experience of or interest in Blockchain technologies and development of Blockchain applications (Ideally Hyperledger Fabric or other platforms).
• Experience of using database technologies: Cassandra/MongoDB/Hadoop etc.
• Experience of Distributed Application Development
• Restful API Development using Swagger
• Authentication technologies OAuth/SAML
• Cryptography techniques and standards
• Experience of AI algorithms & ML Libraries
• Knowledge Data Science tools
• Open QASM and Quantum SDK’s would be a distinct advantage.
* This role will require SC Clearance. As such all applicant must be eligible for SC clearance and willing to go through the clearance process upon starting.
In return my client offers:
• Salary up to £85,000
• Annual Bonus of up to 15%
• Private Medical / Dental /Health
• Life Assurance
• Generous Contributory Pension
• Gym Subsidies
• Various Lifestyle + Leisure discounts
• Childcare Vouchers
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and innovative R&D department at an incredibly exciting time in their history. If you’re keen to progress your career, working in a cutting edge development environment and putting your stamp on some of the most
exciting technical progressions in recent history, please respond to this advert or submit your up to date CV to:
This will be a popular prospect and as such we expect a large response. Get you application in ASAP to avoid missing out on this excellent career opportunity.
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.