100% Remote, Permanent position
The Senior Salesforce Engineer I will take a lead role in the ongoing development of our Salesforce Sales, Service and Community cloud deployment. The successful candidate will have a record of accomplishment in process improvement and driving adoption of the Salesforce platform. They will work closely with functional leaders, solution architects, organisational units, and subject matter experts to define, develop and deploy new business processes.
The individual will be responsible for executing the day-to-day configuration, security, support, maintenance, and continuous improvement of our CRM platform as well as supporting the delivery of business-critical projects.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end-to-end, prioritise workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment. This individual must also work well under pressure to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints. Candidates must possess the ability to translate business requirements and rollout pragmatic and elegant solutions in Salesforce.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for ongoing support and enhancement of Salesforce including oversight of day-to-day administrative functions.
* Design, develop and deploy enhancements and new system functionality, including but not limited to the creation of custom objects, processes and workflows; development of apex classes and triggers; and development of lightning pages and components.
* Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including functional analysis, development of technical requirements, prototyping, coding, testing, deployment, and support.
* Apply best practices and design patterns leveraging the Salesforce and the enterprise technologies, such as Lightning design system and SFDX.
* Work with the management team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities.
* Complete regular internal system audits, implement and enforce best practices, optimise the org, and prepare for upgrades.
* Effectively serve as the liaison between our users, vendors, and the Salesforce Engineering teams.
* Mentor junior members of the Salesforce team.
* Commitment to excellence and high standards and the ability to thrive in a team environment.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
* 6-7 years of relevant experience in Salesforce Sales Cloud or Salesforce Service Cloud administration and/or development.
* Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritise multiple, simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards.
* Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
* Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
* Must demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation as well as externally with contractors/vendors, etc.
* Expected to be self-starters who can operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many.
* Experience of Salesforce Classic and Lightning development.
* Experience with Salesforce Web Services APIs – SOAP and REST-based Web Service APIs, the Bulk API, and the Metadata API.
* Salesforce Developer certification is strongly preferred.
* Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum is preferred.
* Experience working with Force application packaging and deployment.
* Experience in other OO languages (e.g. Java, C#, Ruby, Go) is beneficial.
* Right to work in the UK
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.