Senior QA Engineer / Test Analyst – Automation / Java or C#
– Reed Business Information – $1bn Global Data & Analytics business and part of the FTSE100 RELX Group
– Salary up to £58,000 + competitive benefits
Who we are:
Reed Business Information (RBI) use leading edge technology to deliver market leading information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global brands hold best-in-class positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every single day.
RBI people are driven by an environment focussed on innovation, real passion for our products, and teamwork, where working in an agile manner is par for the course. RBI is part of RELX, a FTSE100 global provider of data, information and solutions for professional customers; RELX has recently been ranked by Forbes as #53 in their Top-2000 Global Employers.
RBI are seeking an experienced Senior QA Engineer/Test Analyst who can help us to build defect free software that delights our customer and accelerate business growth. You are expected to have strong testing experience on Web applications and Web services to join one of our flagship digital brands based from our vibrant Sutton office. You will join a team delivering a data rich, highly interactive commercial web based product to customers of one of our most innovative businesses.
You will be working with a highly capable Agile development team, which delivers software in collaboration with commercial partners. You will need to hit the ground testing web applications and web services, implementing automation for the test scenarios, handling releases.
* Working as part of the scrum team in collaboration with Product owners, BAs, Developers, Architects and other involved teams
* Collaborating with the team where ever needed and making sure that failures are identified as early as possible ensuring that quality products are delivered to our users
* Creating test scenarios from requirements and acceptance criteria
* Executing the tests and communicate the results with root cause analysis with the team
* Raise defects with all the relevant information
* Design and Develop effective automation framework
* Implementing the automation for the test scenarios and any other automation that can facilitate effective testing
* Achieve high level of automation coverage for all the products that are delivered by the team
* Set-up builds in Teamcity to build the automation solution
* Set-up builds in Teamcity to own the automated tests for different environments based on the requirement
* Reporting of the automation test results using the latest available tools integrated with Teamcity
* Debugging the failed tests, analysing the cause of the failure and reporting to the team
* Continuous maintenance of the automation framework
* Taking responsibility and ownership of all testing deliveries from the team
* Release management
* Be the centre of excellence and maintain standard methodologies across the department liaising with the team and the managers
* Be optimistic to find areas of improvement and opportunities for innovation
Essential Skills Required:
* Self starter
* Strong experience in Java or C#
* Efficient testing approaches with effective attention to detail
* Good understanding of web application architecture (Asp.net) and API technologies like Restful
* Experience in automation of Web applications/Web Services and creating automation framework from scratch
* Willing to learn C#
* Sound experience using Selenium Webdriver, BDD, NUnit, Page Object Model, Page Factory
* Experience working in Team city to create builds
* Experience working in an Agile environment
* Experience using defects management tool (e.g. JIRA)
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Good teammate and work on minimal supervision
* A real interest for software development and high quality code
– Automation for Performance/Load testing
Women in technology:
RBI is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 24% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
– Mentoring scheme for women in technology
– Women’s network forum
– Regularly run events for schools about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of women in technology.
RBI proudly support the Tech Talent Charter.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.