£60-85k depending on experience
Fully-remote position (working from home)
Start date ASAP
Our client is an exciting, well-established, successful software development company, who are looking for a senior software engineer to work on large-scale data infrastructure projects, specialising in Python and related technologies (any other languages a bonus).
This is a great opportunity to make yourself a critical and integral member of a small but growing, friendly, remote-working team, who operate at the cutting edge of technology. The team is UK-based and only hires permanent staff.
Throughout the last year, they have secured some incredibly exciting projects and created long-term engagements which have given them the platform and stability to expand their core development team.
The team is highly-motivated and dynamic, and all thrive in remote-working environments. You will need to be able to manage your time well and coordinate multiple tasks at once. A detail-oriented self-starter with effective communication skills, which will be a necessity when working collaboratively with the remote team.
In order to qualify for this role, you will need at least five years' experience in software engineering, and be competent in at least two major programming languages.
This is a fully-remote, full-time position, and will always remain so — the business has been focused on remote working since the day they started over fifteen years ago. There is a flexible approach to scheduling working hours and a no-overtime policy. A healthy work-life balance is a key focus for the business.
This is a role that will keep you busy and offer you a variety and opportunities to learn new skills that you’re unlikely to find elsewhere.
The company can move very quickly and will not keep you hanging around with a long-drawn-out recruitment process. However, they are focused on getting the right person and there is no problem in observing any obligatory notice period.
* Full-time working hours with a flexible approach that works both ways — and a no-overtime culture
* Fully-remote working environment, with a team that has been doing it for years
* A competitive salary that is above the industry average
* 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
* Annual company event held at a different location each year, and the chance to meet your colleagues face-to-face
* Flask or Django
* A wide range of data services, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB, Kafka, Neo4J, Elasticsearch, Hadoop
* Appropriate ORM, such as SQLAlchemy or similar
* ETL processes (experience of Airflow a bonus)
* Writing specs and technical documentation
* MVC, MVVC
* React, Vue, or Angular
* RESTful APIs, Swagger
* TDD, BDD, testing frameworks
* Git, Docker, CI/CD
* Command-line Linux
Other skills of interest
* Rust, Go, PHP, Ruby, Java, Scala, C/C++
* Any additional database engines
* Infrastructure and modern DevOps
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.