Senior Platform Engineer – Level 5
£52,770 – £59,375 plus excellent benefits (Work Level 5)
This is a remote first role, with an option to work in the Manchester office for those who want to. You may be asked to occasionally attend meetings in Manchester.
Platform engineers are a key part of our Digital Technology team here at Co-op. We provide automation, tooling, and cloud infrastructure to our entire digital group.
We are the experts in infrastructure. The people who design, build, and operate the platforms that our digital products and services run on top of. We make sure that the systems that we rely on provide the security, resilience and performance that we need… from Food to Funeralcare, Legal Services to Insurance, and everything in between. Our infrastructure is a healthy mix of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS, making the most of Infrastructure as Code technologies like Terraform, Packer, Jenkins, and git for version control.
Co-op is a historic organisation, founded on principals of mutuality and support for local communities. Our vision is to co-operate for a fairer world, and collaboration is part of who we are. We work in small, multi-disciplinary teams and run our own delivery and deployments. Working with an Agile approach, we really value knowledge sharing so we often use pair and ensemble-programming. We also provide career and technical coaching, and we run communities of practice to support continuous learning.
What you'll do
* work within product centric teams to effectively deliver infrastructure and support for high-volume, high-availability websites and APIs
* transform technical requirements into an effective DevOps toolchain to enable product delivery
* optimise deployment strategies for products, making sure they are repeatable, scalable, and highly available
* have deep technical knowledge, providing support to delivery teams and solving complex problems
* participate in 24/7 technical support, as part of a sensible rota (paid overtime)
* provide coaching and mentoring to more junior colleagues in the team
What you'll get out of joining us
* opportunities to learn, grow and build a career
* a co-operative team where you can always be your true self
* the ability to work flexibly and remotely, so you can achieve the right balance between work and your personal life
* pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* annual bonus and incentive scheme
* private healthcare
* 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service) plus bank holidays
* discounts on Co-op products and services
This role would suit people who have
* significant experience in a hands-on platform engineering role
* proven experience working in an Agile / DevOps environment
* a comprehensive understanding of the full web technology stack (network, TCP/IP, DNS, CDN, HTTP/S)
* expertise with Unix/Linux operating systems and tooling
* the ability to adapt and learn new technologies
* great communication skills with the ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues
* previous experience coaching and mentoring others within the team
* confidence working with colleagues across the business, at different levels of seniority, influencing and challenging where necessary
Building an inclusive work environment
We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at (url removed)/peoplepolicies
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.