Engagement Type: Customer Facing
Description: Our client is an established database services provider and Oracle Platinum Partner. The company is growing at a fast pace and already has a global presence with offices in India, the USA and UK.
They are looking to grow their established Oracle DBA team with a strong database professional with extensive DBA consulting and production support experience. The successful candidate will also possess strong knowledge in Exadata, OCI, or GoldenGate.
We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated and has strong Oracle DBA experience. The ideal candidate will bring both technical expertise, and hands-on understanding of business process and operations.
Minimum Years Experience: 10 Years
5 Key Skills Required:
* 10 plus years of Oracle DBA experience.
* Strong understanding of database structure, theories, principles and practices in Oracle.
* Engineered Systems administration experience, including Exadata, Oracle Database Appliance (ODA), ZFS Storage Appliance (ZS), etc. is preferred.
* Previous consulting experience is preferred.
* Bachelor degree in Computing or other related field, or equivalent experience.
5 Areas of Responsibility:
* The delivery of enterprise database architecture projects such as Oracle database infrastructure design, builds, upgrades, migrations, support and performance tuning, and optimisation, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools for Oracle Design and implement processes for database backups, restores and recovery models Design and implement database security solutions.
* Provide production support ownership, tracking and resolving database related tasks.
* Deliver enterprise-class database solutions including Database 11g 19c, RAC, Data Guard, GoldenGate and Engineered Systems to the highest standards, as part of a global consulting team.
* Initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established time frames.
* Design and implement Oracles High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for Oracle database including, RAC and Data Guard Design and implement data replication strategies using replication technologies such as Active Data Guard and Golden Gate
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.