Job Title: Senior Java Software Engineer
Location: Basildon, Essex
Rate: £60.62phr Umbrella Company/Ltd – position likely to fall inside of IR35 in 2021
Employment Type: Contract – Initially Approx. 3 Months
Hours: Standard 37.5 Per Week
Senior Java Software Engineer
* Develops software with a paired partner to deliver user stories that contribute to a valuable working software product.
* Develops automated unit tests with working software, to confirm software functionality conformance to functional and non-functional requirements.
* Develops automated functional tests to confirm user story acceptance and to detect regression defects.
* Performs exploratory testing to confirm application execution and to identify software deficiencies not covered by automated testing.
* Reviews continuous integration build status and fixes build failures.
* Improves continuous integration tooling by automating manual processes within the delivery pipeline and improving quality gates based on past learnings.
* Reviews ongoing production software operations and troubleshoots production issues.
* Implements tooling that monitors application performance metrics and automatically notifies team when a failure occurs in production.
* Active participant in all team agile ceremonies: Backlog Refinement/Storyboarding; Stand-up; Iteration Retrospective
* Guides and coaches other software engineers on product teams.
* Strong Java development
* Strong C++ development
* Experience developing cloud based software services
* Experience of PL/SQL
* Strong TDD (Test-Driven Development/Test Driven Development)
* Continuous integration (eg Jenkins, Maven)
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* Comfortable level developing in all tiers of application software: front-end, mobile, back-end and database.
* Knowledge of software design patterns
* Knowledge and practical experience of agile delivery
* Senior/Consultant level development
* Experience of full stack development
* Experience of build and test automation and continuous integration
* Experience of microservices
* Experience of mentoring junior team members.
Strong plus experience
The position is within Order Management
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.