As Developer, you will be responsible for the operational maintenance of the back end of a platform which you will achieve by following the delivering to the roadmap.
This is an instrumental role, you must be willing to play a hands-on role in managing your work load and you will need to work collaboratively with product development, trading and colleagues in IT to deliver excellent customer service across the board. We use (amongst others) the following technologies AWS Aurora, EKS, EC2, Cognito, API Gateway, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, S3, WAF, ELB, Lambdas.
Responsibilities of the Role
• Designing and developing reliable and quality code to the business – this could be in the form of bug fixing, system enhancements, bespoke integrations or greenfield development
• Being part of an Agile development team – taking ownership of individual elements of development and committing as a team to regular delivery based on input from stakeholders. Helping to ensure overall quality of deliverable thorough discussion/code review following best industry practice
• Creating and maintaining all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades
• Provision of technical support, troubleshooting and other end-user services (including emergency cover to ensure business continuity in relation to the Company's trading operations)
• Providing training to trading and operations staff in how to carry out by themselves routine or simple maintenance and trouble-shooting tasks in relation to the platform, so as to reduce the dependence on the Employee for services of lower technical complexity or lower value
• Providing technical advice and assistance to support the preservation and enforcement by the Company of its intellectual property and other rights in relation to software, databases and/or other IT-related "assets".
• Developing and implementing standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to Company staff and to end-users
• Keeping current with the latest technologies and determining what new technology solutions and implementations will best meet the Company's business and system requirements; supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for review
• Assist with the maintenance of application and development of websites and in-house projects
Skills & Specifications
• Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
• Strong knowledge of computer languages (especially) Java following the relevant coding standards and OO principles
• Understanding of the principles of TDD and the advantages of creating unit-tested code.
• Understanding of code management, CI/CD principles and toolsets (e.g. GIT, Jenkins)
• Strong background in coding and user interfaces
• Strong knowledge of HTML technologies and web frameworks
• Experience with database creation and maintenance
• The ability to work appropriately with highly confidential, business critical information
• Strong communication and team working skills
• Willingness to travel periodically based on customer and business need
• Production of code
• Testing of code
• Following development processes in line with company policy and expectation
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.