Senior IT Support Technician (Managed Services) x 2
Consideration will be given to those who would prefer to work from home, although the initial few months in the role will involve regular visits to our Llandudno office in North Wales to enable thorough training.
A rewarding opportunity for an experienced and qualified IT professional to join the vibrant, professional team in our company that promotes an inclusive and supportive culture and offers exciting career progression opportunities.
Risc IT Solutions is an award-winning, Microsoft CSP and pioneer of Cloud Backup in the UK, and we have built up strong customer and partner relationships over the last 20 years based on trust, knowledge and experience, coupled with first-class support.
We embrace change with enthusiasm, using cutting edge products to deliver innovative solutions. While we’re experiencing exciting and rapid business growth, we care about our team, priding ourselves on maintaining a happy work environment, expressing gratitude, and celebrating individual and company-wide progression and success.
The Role – Senior IT Support Technician (Managed Services)
As a Senior IT Support Technician, you will be providing best practice managed services to our Total Support customers, working remotely and on-site with customers and colleagues, to ensure services are highly available, secured and documented to allow ongoing support. Your duties would include, although not be limited to;
* Working with sales teams and line manager to ensure proposed managed services customer requirements can be correctly defined, resourced, costed, delivered and achieved
* Taking responsibility for day-to-day management of customers’ IT services including; desktops and laptops; servers; networks; firewalls; patching, OS firmware, 3rd party software; external services i.e. Office 365; creating and following client runbooks/standard operating systems; and automation and reporting
* Ensuring security best practices, customer and internal policies and guidance are adhered to
* Applying all security and functional updates in a timely manner to meet requirements
* Undertaking roll back/disaster recovery for customers as needed
* Documenting all external customer policies during onboarding phase and updating when needed
You’ll be part of a thriving, growing team of talented individuals who are really proud of their company. You will also benefit from:
* Salary in the region of £30,000 to £40,000, with the level dependent on experience and qualifications
* Permanent contract, working Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm
* Investment in your career development, with external and internal training courses
* Excellent opportunities for progression
* Private medical insurance
* Experienced in providing IT support, with a broad range of IT knowledge and skills, ideally working as part of managed services provider
* Achieved Microsoft qualifications i.e. MCSE, 70-346 70-347 (or modern equivalent – MS-100), Microsoft Server qualification
* Networking qualifications i.e. Cisco CCNA or vendor training would be an advantage
* Full UK driving licence
* Able to deliver clear and articulate information to customers and colleagues
* Attentive to customer needs, and able to build strong rapport and loyalty
* Able to manage difficult situations calmly
* Superb analytical and methodical problem-solving skills
* Degree level graduate (in relevant subject)
More about us:
Risc IT was one of the first Microsoft Partners in the UK to achieve Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) Direct status. Risc have been awarded Microsoft Gold Small and Midmarket Cloud Solutions and Gold Cloud Productivity competencies.
Our portfolio includes a combination of Cloud and Physical solutions to provide support to IT Infrastructure, Business Continuity, Business Productivity, Data Security and Compliance, as well as Endpoint management / protection.
All applications for this Senior IT Support Technician (Managed Services) role are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.