Senior IT Database Administrator
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Senior IT Database Administrator
Play a part in changing the future @ Studio Retail Limited!!
Studio Retail Limited is one of the largest online value retailers in the UK. We offer a personal shopping service to 1.8 million customers each year online via our fantastic Studio & Ace websites and our catalogue. We are based in Clayton-le-Moors, Accrington with great motorway links across the North West of England.
About the Opportunity
At Studio we’re in the 2nd year of a 4-year journey and as a part of this we are transforming our entire end to end IT systems. As part of the development and expansion of our IT department, we now have a new opportunity for a Senior IT Database Administrator based at our fantastic, newly re-furbished offices in Clayton-le-Moors, Accrington.
As Senior IT Database Administrator you will maintain Studio’s database systems, critical systems events, back-up, performance tuning and database expertise, coaching and guidance, high availability and disaster recovery, aligned to all governance, compliance and quality standards and expectations.
* Maintaining safe, secure and reliable databases in production, delivery and testing, meeting agreed priorities to achieve business needs
* Maintaining the integrity of databases and data security, providing business continuity across all platforms and projects
* Contributing to, recommending and improving ways of working in Database management and provision, supporting and delivering continuous database and service improvements, aligned to the overall IT Services and Infrastructure priorities
* Adhering to all compliance, governance, quality and security standards, delivering a safe, secure and reliable service to the business
* Being proactive in identifying, recommending and improving ways of working, acting on monitoring information and getting involved in IT Delivery projects
* Providing coaching, support and guidance to other colleagues both within the team and across IT
What are we looking for?
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual, keen to join a business going through significant transformation. The ideal candidate will have:
* Significant experience of managing high volume, mission critical databases in the financial/retail sector
* Ability to deliver in a demanding and pressurised environment
* Ability to deliver a range of tasks and priorities, simultaneously
* Ability to engage, challenge and influence system users
* Appropriate professional qualification/experience
* Strong data analysis and management skills
* Excellent critical thinking and solution creation skills
* Confident and resilient, calm under pressure
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Have specialist knowledge in a key database management system area/vendor, but crucially be able to work on all variety of database management systems that we have at Studio which span multiple platforms and versions, this is essential for day-to-day work and overnight call out responsibilities
Studio is a growing business with an IT Team that is evolving and transforming. We have a lot of experienced colleagues who will tell you they love working here because of the great people and opportunities to develop. We have a fast-paced environment and our offices have a friendly and informal feel to them, no suits required to do a great job here!
We offer a great benefits package including free parking and would love to hear from you if you think you would love to work here. #loveyourjob #lovesoftware development #wedowow
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.