Due to consistent new business sales and client enquiries, there is now an urgent requirement for a Senior Infrastructure Consultant to join the business and be responsible for the design, establishment, standards, and governance within defined projects.
The role requires ‘Hands on’ delivery of infrastructural system components that are efficient, effective and within the timelines agreed between the Head of Systems Engineering and Project Managers.
The company specialises in providing consultancy services and support for an IBM Maximo EAM software product, implementing business critical EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) solutions across a range of industries such as oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, utilities, facilities management, transport, and power generation.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
– Implement agreed Infrastructure and related development plans within Systems Engineering and those projects being managed within the business
– Work within ISO 27001 principles and processes, ensuring they are adhered to where required.
– Implement both large and small-scale Infrastructure solutions including IBM MAXIMO, IBM Websphere, IBM ACE(IIB) and a variety of database platforms (DB2, Oracle & SQL Server)
– Support the development of infrastructure standards and processes used by the business during system implementations
– Participate and take ownership where needed during the design of Infrastructure projects
– Support the architectural design of Infrastructural solutions for delivery into internal, client on-premises and customer hosted environments – this includes clustering, hypervisors, VMWare, networking, firewalling, load balancing, database and any core infrastructure component
– Implementation of security design and mechanisms that protect clients, applications and data, including Active Directory, TLS/SSL, LDAP and SAML configurations
– Mentor colleagues and team members where required.
As a potentially suitable candidate you will ideally have good in-depth experience of designing and building infrastructure solutions using both Maximo and Websphere and will have worked within ISO27001 principles and processes. You should ideally have experience of working within an Infrastructure team within defined projects that form part of a system delivery. You should have a track record in supporting the delivery of high performing, scalable solutions within established constraints of time and budget.
Demonstratable technical competence of pertinent Infrastructure components including networking, physical and virtual platforms, web servers, web application servers, database platforms, security, load balancing, firewalling and mobile is required for the role
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.