We’re searching for a Senior DevOps Engineer (Azure) based in Newcastle, with the opportunity to work from home.
The role responsibilities:
* Developing various infrastructure solutions including Public Cloud mainly Azure as well as datacenter / private cloud to deliver high availability, rapidly developed, fully automated solutions using predominately open source software which deliver value to the customer.
* Providing technical leadership, help and guidance to less experienced members of the team through mentoring, coaching, constructive review and active participation in various technical forums.
* Advising our customers on the latest technologies and methodologies, designing and implementing innovative approaches to their problems using Automation.
* Ensuring software standards are maintained, being able to train and mentor junior staff. Defining processes and procedures to ensure maximum re-use and maintaining standards.
* Understanding security policies and implementing solutions that satisfy the security requirements.
* Designing and implementing solutions which have high availability and are scalable.
* Providing feedback and demonstrating to a wider audience solutions currently being developed and introducing the team to new concepts and products.
* Advise on testing solutions that can be automated to deliver an end to end testing solution for products.
* Advise on monitoring solutions, which can automate error collection and display the results in real time that will improve the customer’s experience
The person we’re searching for:
* 7 years plus experience ideal
* Experience with configuration management tools, e.g. Ansible (preferred)
* Experience with build and provisioning tools, eg. Jenkins (preferred), Terraform (preferred)
* Experience and knowledge of Azure
* Experience of Test Driven or Behavior Driven development, and being able to implement automated test solutions
* Experience with Docker container hosting including Kubernetes would be added advantage
* Working knowledge of digital delivery processes and methodologies
* Ability to work with an Agile Team, being able to be self-driven and looking for continuous improvements to both the process and the systems.
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
* Attention to detail with a pragmatic and enthusiastic attitude to work
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.