Senior DevOps Engineer
We're delighted to be working with this award-winning SaaS business. With 20 years' experience delivering solutions to global enterprises, the company is recognised as a leader in its field, with a wide variety of household-name clients.
This particular role is to lead the company's DevOps efforts. It reports to the Head of Engineering and oversees all day-to-day DevOps activities as well as honing and improving the tools and processes used by the business.
The company has built a global reputation for innovation. Building and maintaining leading-edge infrastructure and development environments is crucial to this. We're looking for someone who enjoys designing and implementing solutions and can help keep the company ahead of the curve.
The current technology stack is as follows: –
Python, PHP, Shell script
Django, Tailwind, CSS/UI
AWS Lamda, Cognito, Kinesis, Step functions
Apache Airflow, Key Cloak, CraftCMS
AWS and GCP used currently, but moving wholly over to AWS over time
The company has just moved to very pleasant new offices in Bristol. The role can be done on a hybrid basis, with two or three days per week in the office.
Senior DevOps Engineer – responsibilities
* Designing, deploying and maintaining Public Cloud infrastructure using AWS & GCP
* Implementing monitoring tools for applications and defining service level metrics
* Defining processes & tools for deployment, incident & problem management
* Managing and developing junior DevOps engineer
* Mentoring and guiding development teams ensuring smooth and continuous deployment
* Identifying and addressing areas for optimisation and improvement
* Troubleshooting and incident management
* Providing support (usually in UK business hours but occasionally out of hours)
* Maintaining security standards and accreditations
Senior DevOps Engineer – requirements
* Proven experience in a senior DevOps role in a Linux environment
* Experience in SaaS (any experience in e-learning would be a big plus)
* Knowledge of agile development practises
* Good Public Cloud knowledge, especially AWS and/or GCP
* Experience architecting Kubernetes systems & tools (e.g. Prometheus, Istio)
* Experience managing source code and CI/CD pipelines & workflows using GitHub
* Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
* Suitable coding knowledge (e.g. Python, Perl, PHP, Shell)
* Knowledge of security (ISO27001 or SOC compliance would be useful)
As well as a competitive salary and hybrid working, the company offers flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 3.30pm), 33 days holidays (including bank hols), pension, income protection and life assurance and a health cash plan