Senior Software Engineer (C++)
Our Clients is the Emmy award winning leading provider of content protection solutions to the media and entertainment industry, now seek an experienced Senior level Software Engineer with C++. If this sounds like you then apply now.
The position requires Senior Software Engineers with strong commercial development experience in C++ or similar, familiarity with distributed systems, keen mathematical skills, and enthusiasm for technical challenges. The successful SSE will be expected to develop their skills in multiple, challenging technical areas to work as part of a rapidly growing technical organisation. Each member of the team is expected to work across several disciplines, including software/database design, C++ algorithm development, continuous integration/delivery and PHP scripting.
Key daily tasks involve – Senior Software Engineer (C++)
* Working as part of a team on a large-scale application that supports services in use by major global media companies.
* Being responsible for the full development lifecycle, from design and prototype through development, testing, and deployment.
* Delivering to rapid timescales in a dynamic environment.
* Developing new techniques in the areas of video and audio fingerprinting, content classification, and watermarking.
* Working effectively with your colleagues to estimate and deliver issues, working within teams that use Agile/Scrum methodologies.
* Demonstrating drive and enthusiasm, innovating, working with minimal direction, meeting requirements, and delivering to a high standard.
Essential Requirements – Senior Software Engineer (C++)
* BEng / MEng / BSc / MSc in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
* Strong commercial software development experience, including object oriented concepts.
* Experience in software development for distributed systems.
* Excellent mathematical and communication skills.
* Experience with automated testing best practices, and Continuous Integration/Delivery.
* Familiarity with software configuration management (SCM) concepts and version control systems, especially Git.
* Familiarity with Unix/Linux systems, including scripting skills.
Desirable – Senior Software Engineer (C++)
* AWS cloud services (including ECS, EC2, CloudWatch, RDS, Lambda, S3).
* Experience of PHP scripting, Docker, GitLab CI, Embedded C, MySQL, Redis, Beanstalk / RabbitMQ / ActiveMQ.
* Familiarity working in a development team that uses Software Configuration Management (SCM) concepts, version control (incl. Git).
Benefits – Senior Software Engineer (C++, Web)
Benefits include a competitive salary, flexible working options, pension scheme, 25 days holiday which increases with length of service, plus extra day off for your birthday, and life insurance
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.