Senior Back End (DevOps) Developer
We’re looking for someone who will work closely with our Tech team to build the future of digital scheduling. Focused on developing services and microservices that communicate through clean interface layers to deliver a stable and agile scheduling platform. You have the flexibility to work on web apps, mobile apps, integrations, and API development.
We’re a little obsessive about using the most appropriate tech to solve our problems, so there’s always an opportunity to learn new skills. Our front-end was recently rebuilt using React. In the back end we use a mix of NoSQL and SQL depending on the use case. We’re in the process of moving to asynchronous messaging-based architecture so there’s a real opportunity to get involved in architecture design.
What we expect from our Senior Developers
* You write clean, maintainable and technically sound code using OO and SOLID Principles.
* You will contribute towards building our architecture. You’re comfortable suggesting new and brave ideas, technologies and ways of working.
* You have experience working in an agile environment.
* You are responsible for the scalability, security and performance of our platform.
* You create or improve product features using data-drive methods.
* You document complex processes where needed.
* Mentoring and levelling up more junior developers on the team
* Provide accurate estimates for how long new features or bug fixes etc will take to deliver
* Support our sales and customer success teams in delivering digital scheduling to new and existing clients
* You deal comfortably with uncertainty and (when necessary) work in highly pressurised environments.
* You will help build and maintain our CI/CD pipelines
* You can template infrastructure creation and deployment to our cloud platforms.
* You setup monitoring and alerting on our production environments and respond to any adverse events.
As the ideal candidate, you need to…
* Have good knowledge of back-end development architecture, Web Development technologies, Database technologies (and ORM) and SOA or microservices architecture
* Have a strong knowledge of ASP.NET, C# and .Net Core
* Have experience in, NOSQL databases, Message Queues (Azure service buses, RabbitMQ)
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Azure. Useful to have exposure to AWS and GCP
* Experience configuring TeamCity, Octopus Delpoy and Azure Devops
* Experience with templating infrastructure creation using ARM templates, Terraform or similar technologies
* Have exposure to containers and Kubernetes
* Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to build effective working. relationships with internal teams using collaboration and persuasion skills.
* Enjoy working an agile environment.
* Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects, successfully delivering projects on time and to budget.
* Fluent in communicating and innovating solutions to complex problems
* Ability to work well in a team and with others, good communication skills are essential
* Have significant relevant experience and ideally educated to degree level.
* Enjoy working under pressure to meet both internal and external deadlines
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.