Senior Application Engineer will help with best technologies to provide high quality software solutions.
Experience building and backend services for WebAPI utilising automated tools.
– strong with SQL
– experience with Windows
– proficient with applications with C#/Java
– cloud experience is preferential
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP is a global law firm with a long-standing track record of successfully supporting the world's leading national and multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments on ground-breaking and business-critical mandates.
Our people make our firm – we are a people business and want to create a welcoming and supportive environment where all can flourish. We see diversity as a strength which creates fresh perspectives and generates new ideas. We enjoy our work and are determined to do an outstanding job. We deliver best when working in teams.
We think and work globally – we don't just say we are one firm; we act like one firm right across the world. We work wherever our clients need us. This is how we define ourselves, not by reference to where we have offices. Cross-border work isn't just what we do, it is what we excel at. We understand what it really takes to work across different legal systems and commercial environments and to bridge language and cultural gaps.
We aim to add value in everything we do – we are passionate about helping our clients succeed. We use our experience and creativity to help clients make judgements and achieve their goals. In everything we do, we seek to make a real difference to the communities in which we operate.
The Freshfields Global Centre provides both business and legal services to the firm. Our services are delivered in a way which supports the global nature of our firm and our clients, enables our fee earners to deliver exceptional service to our clients and to do that in a way which is efficient and effective. Our Centre in Manchester is the first site to be established in the emerging Freshfields Global operating model. Our aspiration is to establish further sites in the US and Asia-Pacific in the coming years.
The IT Department is responsible for providing technology and support to enable fee earners and business services employees to operate efficiently both internally and with their clients. The IT department is comprised of two functions, Customer Services and Technology Services. These two functions work closely together with the shared goal of delivering strategic business value through the application of technology. IT operates as a global team with regional presence in most of our offices. Our centralised IT infrastructure is maintained and managed by Technology Services and Customer Services provides all business facing support and services.
* Awareness of backend services using WebAPIs
* Continuous Integration / Improvement using source control, automated build/test and code coverage analysis tools
Desirable Technical Skills
* HTML5, CSS, Responsive Design, Bootstrap UI
* Knowledge of XML, XSLT, XPATH and XML Schemas
* Hibernate or Spring
* Agile methodology experience
* SQL (PL-SQL or T-SQL)
* REST, JSON
* Atlassian suite (BitBucket, Bamboo etc)
* Experience and skills in building sophisticated server-side and desktop services and applications in C#, Java utilizing best-practice tools and technologies that deliver high-quality software solutions
* Experience and skills in building a backend services using WebAPIs
* Experience in designing and running test cycles/unit tests/test scripts for web applications using any test framework
* Clear and concise written and oral communication skills
* An understanding of working across cultural boundaries
* Friendly and approachable character who has the ability to build working relationships with a range of people at all levels
* Proactive approach with a 'can-do' attitude
* Identifies and communicates opportunities to improve the way that work is done
* Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage tasks efficiently
* Works successfully as part of a team, sharing knowledge, collaborating with and supporting colleagues
* Excellent customer service skills with a helpful and responsive approach
* The ability to work in a collaborative way, plus a personal 'edge' which delivers excellence
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.