At Sellafield, we’re true pioneers. We led the world in nuclear power production, now we’re the world’s first movers into environmental remediation. Building on our rich history, we’re striding into an era where we’ll transform the environment, local society, the regional economy and the global nuclear industry.
Covering six square kilometres, the site in West Cumbria is home to more than 200 nuclear facilities. A team of 11,000 people here work alongside our supply chain partners, to tackle a diverse portfolio of decommissioning, reprocessing, spent fuel management, nuclear waste management and nuclear material management.
We have a number of Security Operations Cyber Analyst (SOC Analyst) vacancies based within our Security and Resilience department. The role will predominantly involve monitoring of Cyber Security Systems, identifying threats and responding with the appropriate actions to investigate and remediate.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Manage the interface and output of the IT Security monitoring systems internally and via ATOS.
* Performing monitoring and analysis of Cyber Security systems identifying and responding to threats.
* Performing Threat Hunting activities.
* Updating signatures and Indicators of compromise where required.
* Producing regular reports and provide timely information to the DFIR Supervisor in relation to Protective monitoring and Vulnerability Assessment.
* Maintaining familiarity with legislation and regulations.
* Reviewing, document and applying good practice against all Cyber and IT Security incidents for damage arising from compromise of company sensitive and Government protectively marked information.
* Supporting the DFIR Supervisor in acting as Forensic First Responder as part of the initial response to Cyber Security incidents.
* Delivering effective support for Cyber Security and Digital Forensic activities.
* Perform Vulnerability assessment on Applications / Software / Hardware.
* Perform Network / Hardware / Software Forensics Activities.
* To support the Cyber Security aspects within the Cyber Security programme.
* To support the Security & Resilience Cyber Security and information Assurance team in the Cyber Security arena.
* Demonstrable experience in analysis and handling of network security related events.
* Experience / Education Equivalence: If candidate has relevant degree (e.g. Computer Security), this counts towards equivalence for demonstrable experience, however irrespective of the candidate’s education, hands on experience within equivalent role is required.
* Open Source Computer security tools (Vulnerability Assessment, Anti-virus, Protocol Analysis, Exploitation frameworks, IDS / IPS).
* Essential to have one or more professional SANS (e.g. GIAC, GCIA) certifications. CISSP or other relevant certifications will be considered an added benefit.
* Ability to achieve DV and NPPV Clearance.
At least two of following areas at expert level, and high level of experience in several of other areas:
* Security Incidents Event Management products (SIEM).
* Network Based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS).
* Full Packet Capture systems.
* Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS).
* Configuration, operation, troubleshooting and management (i.e. Tools Specialist) of security tools and appliances.
* Variety of Security Event generating sources (e.g. Firewalls, IDS, Routers, Security Appliances).
* Computer forensics tools (stand alone and network).
Salary: £30,107 – Plus an additional shift supplement.
Our work is complex vital and demanding those who do it receive a great package of rewards and benefits such as 25.5 days annual leave plus bank holidays, an attractive defined contribution pension scheme, annual bonus schemes and several family friendly and lifestyle policies.
You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post, including assessment or interview invitations and any other type of correspondence relating to your application.
In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, Sellafield Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy early.
In promoting equal opportunities, Sellafield Ltd welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.