KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Documentation is critical for the successful planning and maintenance of any SAS installation and is the responsibility of the SAS Administrator to keep up to date/current
* Support Production, Test & Development SAS platforms
* Support Production, Test & Development Hadoop(HDInsight) Platforms
* Ensuring the SAS environment conforms to security requirements via the SAS 9.4 Metadata and SAS Viya Environment Manager
* Troubleshooting and resolving SAS infrastructure issues (configuration, performance, stability)
* Perform Root Cause Analysis for Production issues and remediate issues as required.
* Ensure All SAS Environments are up to date – SAS Upgrades, Patching & Licensing
* Maintain SAS environment builds & capacity planning for additional server resource.
* Work closely to business teams to implement new SAS Processes and ensure they are running optimally.
* Adoption of new technologies, features, software versions to ensure the we use the best tools for purpose
* Provide consultancy to Project Managers, Business Analysts and Managers around current processes, best practices and ideas to solve business challenges
* Translate business requirements into well-engineered, documented, tested database solutions, supporting these systems in production
* Provide updates on on-going projects to the Senior Data Engineering Lead and other key stakeholders
* Awareness of the data infrastructure between our SAS platforms, Hadoop and SQL server.
* At least 5 years’ experience as a SAS Administrator (SAS 9.4 Grid)
* SAS Viya 3.* Administrator experience preferred
* At least 1 years’ Hadoop Administration
* Strong troubleshooting, performance tuning
* Security awareness & practical experience
* SAS Certified Platform Administrator
* SAS Certified Base Programmer
* Knowledge of RedHat Enterprise (RHEL7) such as memory management, file system architecture, CPU utilization etc.
* Knowledge of Hive, SQL
* Azure Knowledge
* Capable of being given high level (vague) tasks and working independently to successful completion
* Ability to implement the working standards and practices of team
* Ability to share knowledge with colleagues
* Appetite for learning, both on the job, structured and independently
* Experience and interest in systems automation and systems programming
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.