We are looking for a full time ruby on rails developer to manage the full life cycle of our web application. The candidate must be energetic, extremely motivated and self-driven to work in a fast moving environment. The ability to work in a small team and to communicate with the end users is necessary. The role is mainly on site in County Durham but the ability to work remotely is available as and when required
We have a Customer Care software management application dedicated to the management of reported defects and repairs in new homes and Construction projects throughout the warranty period. Designed and developed by Industry experts this secure collaborative platform allows House builders and Commercial developers to effectively resolve any issues reported to their business.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a vibrant, agile and growing business
What You Will Be Doing
• Design, develop, support and maintain our SaaS (software as a service) web application and the architecture that surrounds it.
• Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
• Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring and code standards)
• Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into the design
What You Will Need
• Ideally at least 1 year (ideally 2+) commercial experience with the Ruby on Rails framework and all the relevant technologies that go with it.
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
• Unit testing.
• Integration testing, Cucumber experience a big advantage.
• Source control – GIT.
• Agile Development.
• Relational database experience, ideally postgres but not essential.
• Heroku experience a plus but knowledge of cloud computing is essential.
• Experience and understanding of MVC, REST, API's.
• Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
• Strong communication skills.
• Mac OS X experience.
• Mobile IOS experience an advantage.
What We Promise To You
As well as the opportunity to solve complex problems, you'll get invaluable exposure / experience of the full development life cycle along with the ability to contribute to business/marketing decisions.
Salary – Negotiable depending on experience
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://itjobpro.co.uk/129511 →