Salary Negotiable Depending on Experience
Our Swindon based logistics clients is currently recruiting for an RPG Programmer to join their IT team.
Purpose of the role
To program the Company computer systems to ensure all current and future requirements are met, supporting all objectives and targets set by the company, and completing projects within agreed timescales (both within the UK & overseas).
To ensure that both internal and external customer requirements are understood and fed back to the organisation, escalating any issues which arise to the senior management team.
To utilise good people skills to allow for beneficial interaction between team members, external suppliers and customers.
Main Responsibilities & Duties will include, but is not exhaustive (without prejudice):
* To develop and program the Company Warehouse Management System (WMS) and other computer programs
* To assist in the development of future requirements, including but not exhaustive, the planning, project management and implementation of projects.
* To provide technical support to both internal and external customers.
* To provide development and programming support to external suppliers as required by the Company, ensuring customer requirements are met.
* To provide support on data collection by use of SQL or other system tools.
* To provide support on back up activity of the IBM Power 7 (AS400) system.
* To provide support and advice on IBM Power 7 administration.
* To provide support and advice on operating performance.
* To provide support and advice on all aspects of system administration (including maintenance of the system).
* To provide support and advice on system usage and monitor system performance.
* To provide support and advice on Company ICT requirements when and where required.
* To carry out daily maintenance tasks as required.
* To carry out daily system back up activities.
* To undertake programming in line with Company requirements.
* To conduct investigations in to problems/issues which arise in relation to programming and system operation.
* To conduct testing of programs to ensure correct operation of the system.
Skills & Experience
Knowledge & Experience
GCSE level or equivalent
At least 5 years experience in RPG programming (RPG/ILE, CLP, DDS)
Sound knowledge & experience of using AS400 (iSeries)
Sound knowledge & experience of SQL and other data extraction tools
Proven experience of implementing new systems
Ability to understand and maintain/enhance existing systems
Experience of programming for a warehouse or similar environment
Familiar with IBM Power 7 (iSeries) technologies/Systems
Experience of programming for Scanners and Barcodes
GUI experience, including conversion from “green screen” to GUI
Web-based iSeries connection/access
Knowledge and experience of Journal backup and recovery
Excellent English verbal & written communication skills
Ability to translate operational request into WMS operating methods
Demonstrable positive and proactive approach to problem solving
Competent in developing new RPG programs
Ability to communicate at all levels with both internal and external customers and maintain effective working relationships
Creative outlook with a positive attitude to problem solving
Attention to detail
Ability to work with the minimum of information
Committed and enthusiastic approach
Ability to remain calm and consistent when under pressure
Flexibility to meet the requirements of the business (out of core working hours)
Welcomes and encourages change
Innovative and Inventive
* Competitive Salary
* Life Assurance
* Christmas Bonus
* 24 days annual leave +bank holidays, rising to 30 days for years of service
* Free parking
By applying for this role you give permission for Purely Recruitment to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Purely recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.