Retail Implementation Project Manager – working from home and at various locations as required
As part of a Project team embedded in a major retailer, our client currently has a vacancy for a 6 month fixed term Project Manager to work on the refresh of key elements of Technology infrastructure across their store estate, and the introduction of new Technology solutions that improve Customer and Colleague experience.They are looking to recruit a highly motivated and capable Retail Implementation Project Manager to the Team to own the delivery of key work streams, as well as contribute to the broader Team objectives. This is an exciting and meaningful role, working with a robust team to deliver real value to the Retail colleagues and customers. You will support the Head of Technology solutions and the other Retail Project Management Teams in the implementation of sophisticated infrastructure delivery, including POS, Self Service, WAN, LAN, Server, Physical Security e.g. IP CCTV and IP Access Control, End User Compute, Voice and other Digital solutions.
Key accountabilities and measures
• Ensure that the implementation related aspects of Technology delivery projects are assessed and prioritised in an accurate and realistic set of implementation requirements that support the achievement of the overall project objectives.
• Plan, supervise and report the completion of implementation-related activities, ensuring that key dependencies (both internal and external) are identified, communicated, and led appropriately and that any input required into wider planning activities (e.g. at an overall project and/or programme level) is provided in an accurate and timely manner.
• Identify, secure, deploy and run the internal and external resources required to deliver the implementation-related activities successfully, minimising delivery risk by ensuring that only appropriately skilled and experienced resources are utilised.
• Lead implementation-related risks and issues optimally, ensuring that issues are identified early, ran and resolved. Risks are recognised, assessed and, where possible, mitigated and that both issues and risks are advanced in a timely manner if required. • Provide robust and accurate financial management of all implementation-related aspects of the project, ensuring costs and scope are defined and tightly controlled throughout.
• Drive and take ownership for the delivery to completion of assigned projects and provide effective leadership for the project teams.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with 3rd Party Suppliers, building partnerships (at all levels) that help ensure that the maximum benefit is gained from their skills, knowledge and experience.
• Provide effective partner management by identifying individuals who have a vested interest in the delivery of the Retail Implementation activities, building their requirements and expectations into the delivery plan (where possible) and presenting optimally (using appropriate mechanisms and frequency) throughout the project lifecycle.
• Ensure that all implementation-related project delivery activities conform to the relevant quality assurance and quality control processes. • Use every project as an opportunity to identify better and/or more efficient implementation delivery mechanisms.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships across the Team and within the wider Technology Group and the Business. • Build and maintain strong and positive relationships with key partners
• Experience in management of sophisticated, multi-stream, multi-vendor implementation and rollout programmes.
• Relevant knowledge from Retail, Infrastructure delivery or Telco workstreams.
• Able to work well under pressure and lead multiple projects at the same time.
• Ability to problem seek with innovative and imaginative solutions.
• Ability to lead and galvanise dispersed multifunctional teams.
• Experience in senior partner and business relationship management.
• Experience in leading multiple suppliers and crafting & maintaining good partnerships.
• Exposure to technology portfolio management including planning, forecasting, budgeting, and resource/demand pipelines.
• Strong skills in establishing relationships internally and externally at all levels
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.