Salary Negotiable DOE
Our client is a Technology business specialising in providing mission-critical systems, traffic management systems and data science-led solutions, primarily in the rail and transport industry.
Our people are critical to our success and as our Quality Manager, you will passionately drive a culture that focuses on the right things, with a right first-time mentality, in our software, SAAS and data-driven environment.
You will be responsible for our Quality Management System (IMS), ensuring it delivers a meaningful and appropriate framework for world-class delivery of our products, enables innovation, and drives our ongoing success through continuous improvement of our processes.
As an integral part of our operations, you will establish and implement an internal and external audit and certification programme, to assess the ongoing effectiveness of our IMS and maintain our key company accreditations as an integral part of the business.
Through these responsibilities you will play a key role in delivering the excellence, assurance, safety, and quality required to deliver high-integrity systems and drive our success.
What are the key objectives?
* Review, develop, update, and control our Integrated Management System (IMS), ensuring our documents integrate and our processes are efficient, appropriate, and meet current and future business requirements efficiently
* Work collaboratively across our business to develop an approach to embedding principles of quality within all our operations
* Work with our Directorates to develop, measure and monitor key performance indicators for the lifetime of our products and services
* Support our external facing colleagues to understand how we incorporate our customer's requirements into our products and services
* Lead our relevant, externally accredited, ISO certification processes: significant experience of ISO9001 is a primary requirement for the role, a developing experience of ISO27001 would be a distinct advantage
* Ensure we maintain our key external supplier registrations and accreditations
* Establish and implement internal and external audit programmes, ensuring availability and deployment of suitably competent audit resource
* Ensure formally identified actions for continuous improvement are captured and closed out successfully, revisiting to assess effectiveness
* Design and delivery of individual/group/Company-wide safety briefings
* Manage the delivery of service and performance of available resources, day-to-day direction of contracted professional advisors, etc.
* Operate in a confidential manner, recognising the sensitivity of the information/data obtained, processed, and held, and apply appropriate security/access controls internally and externally
Top Internal Relationships
1. Reports to the Business Safety and Services Manager
2. Directorate Leadership/Management and Project Realisation
3. QSE team and external resources
4. Central Function Managers
* Qualified to undertake audits
* Significant and relevant operational experience in devising, implementing, maintaining and assessing quality management processes
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to draft clear, concise and accurate quality procedures, policies and supporting communications
* A champion for our values and behaviours, particularly around right first time, quality of delivery
Our Values and Behaviours
It's the 'how' we do things together with the 'what' we do that differentiates us. We want our people to engage with our vision and display our values and behaviours in their day-to-day activities.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.