This is an excellent opportunity for a QA Lead to join a global and well-established company. My client is based in Chineham, just outside of Basingstoke.
MFK Recruitment has successfully placed 3 candidates with this company in the past 12 months, all are doing very well! Fantastic team, this is genuinely a very exciting opportunity for the right QA Lead candidate.
The team have worked fully remotely throughout the pandemic, the QA Lead role will be remote for the coming months, post Covid19 – the QA Lead candidate will have the option to work remotely for the majority of their role.
Fancy joining an organisation where QA is king?
Would you like to take ownership, lead a small team and remain hands-on?
The software that my client creates and market, is regarded as cutting edge, Industry analysts position this company as visionaries and market leaders, continually out-performing established brands. They have exciting new and innovative developments underway that will come to market in 2021 with a bang!
If you are looking for a career move for the long term, where you can grow and develop your skills within a global team of technical excellence, then please read on..
QA Lead Responsibilities:
* Overall responsibility for the quality and stability of the software releases
* Lead, support, and motivate the QA team, as well as being hands-on with the testing activities
* Work in a highly collaborative environment to ensure the products meet requirements
* Plan, design, document, and execute test procedures for new features and products while continually being aware of regression impact
* Upgrade and performance testing
* Log defects and work closely with developers to investigate, troubleshoot and verify fixes
* Accurately evaluate the time and effort needed to perform your work
* Effectively communicate testing activities and results in oral and written formats
* Recommend improvements to the validation strategy
* Assist the support team when required to resolve escalated customer issues
* Lead product design and requirements reviews
* Follow company and industry best practices, and contribute to the improvement of the software testing processes
QA Lead Skills and Experience
* Technically minded, you need to be articulate with excellent written skills and ideally educated to degree level in computer science, engineering or QA, or possess proof of further education in a relevant field.
In addition, you will have:
* 5 years prior experience in a QA role
* Experience in leading a small team and developing members to realise their full potential
* Knowledge and experience in functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing and browser compatibility testing
* A strong recall for previous subjects learned and issues raised
* Experience of working with SQL Server and ideally DB2 databases
* Experience with manual and automated testing tools
* Analytical thinking and strong problem-solving skills
* Autonomous yet have the capacity to work well in a team
* Able to support and motivate your colleagues
* Able to identify ways to improve processes and procedures and maximise the team’s performance
* Comfortable working in a rapidly moving, sometimes highly pressured environment
* Customer-focused with a desire to deliver the best service possible
* Able to cope with the more technical nature of some of the applications under test and tools used and understand some very technical concepts
* Able to perform tests at the database layer rather than just the UI
* Able to maintain critical thinking while balancing multiple tasks
* Able to prioritise and work efficiently to deadlines
QA Lead Rewards:
Competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits package including: pension, healthcare, and life assurance
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.