Project Manager – Insurance
Remote based (occasional office visit)
12 month FTC
£70,000 – £75,000 per annum
I’m working with an insurance business on finding an experienced Project Manager to help with the delivery on a number of programmes and initiatives.
Reporting into the Programme Director, you will be the driving force behind the planning, definition, delivery and implementation of the projects, the framework and methodology that’s being rolled out across the business UK wide. The specific areas of focus are within the Operational Resilience and Data Privacy Programmes, so naturally any experience within these fields is extremely beneficial.
Project Manager responsibilities:
* Plan, monitor and track progress of the programme, re-prioritising as needed to meet required deadlines. Work with the divisional and Central Services teams to ensure their plans are aligned with the overall programme plan
* Keep the Programme Director appraised of progress and escalate risks and issues in a timely manner
* Design and populate reports and presentations, circulate drafts to involved parties for comment and manage delivery within deadline dates
* Share knowledge, experience and standard methodology when required
* Act with integrity and sensitivity at all times, you will have access to confidential information, so discretion and utmost professionalism is key
Project Manager skills, experience and qualifications:
* Project Management PMP, MSP or Prince 2 certification highly desirable
* A deep understanding of the insurance industry and a proven track record of successful delivery in insurance broking, London Market and/or MGA operations
* Ability to negotiate and influence whilst building and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues at all levels
* Demonstrable full life-cycle business project manager experience, along with the capability of leading complex, large scale projects
* Happy to compile reports, analyse findings and make valued, trusted recommendations
* Keen eye for detail, with a good knowledge of how to tailor and present analytical information to any audience
* Self-starter, able to work on own initiative, maintaining high standards for self and the team
This role is suited to someone that really understands what it is to deliver effective change. Working with other project team members across both the Technical and Operational teams, building strong relationships and bringing people on board with the change is key. The mentality to ‘roll your sleeves up’ and get stuck into projects is what we’re looking for
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.