We are currently offering an opportunity for a Project Manager (6 month Fixed Term Contract, possibility to extend), to oversee Sustainability projects at GSK Stevenage and other sites.
To deliver a portfolio of complex projects both Revenue and Capital within both time and financial budgets. To consider and deliver projects inline with Global Engineering Standards and GSK SOP's along with Emcor's standardised documents and procedures. Actively engage and support EMCOR UK Customer Relation (CR) objectives. To plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed the entire way.
To promote a sustainable culture (including health and safety/environment awareness).
Prepare specifications briefs in consultation with staff
Tender works in line with our Procurement Policy
Manage quotation submission to client and gain approvals / purchase orders
Prepare budget costs and ongoing budgetary control
Appoint and manage consultants and other specialist contractors
Attend regular approval meeting with Client interface
Manage work through to effective completion and submit for invoicing
Will stand in for the Area Engineering Manager and assume their daily responsibilities when they are not on site
Ensure all works are managed in accordance with EMCOR standard operating procedures and Health and Safety regulations
To ensure a weekly housekeeping check is completed of the building and grounds where it is your responsibility ensuring all the areas are in a safe condition and is hazard free
Must be willing to undertake company standard internal training workshops and work to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), if applicable
Respond to requests made via the Helpdesk
Ensure all RAMS are suitable and sufficient whether work is subcontracted or delivered by an in house team and are in place and adhered to
Liaise with the helpdesk administrators regarding organising any out of hours or weekend working including the control of sub contractors and ensuring both site security and the client are aware of any out of hours works. This work includes the inspection of permits to work issued to sub contractors and ensure they are operated correctly.
Follow the contract and EMCOR procurement policies
Manage projects from input to design specification, tender, installation to commissioning, practical completion, handover and invoicing
Co-ordinate the procurement and resource planning within the requirements of the contract needs
Ensure that all EMCOR quality control systems and procedures are implemented and maintained
Ensure appropriate record keeping in maintained and available for Client audits
Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, colleagues, subcontractors and suppliers
Manage all Health and Safety matters (CDM) in accordance with EMCOR procedures and current relevant legislation
Take responsibility for the successful project completion and formal handover in accordance with defined requirements outlined by the client or nominated client representatives
To ensure compliance with all EMCOR policies and procedures are maintained
Foster a 'can-do' attitude within the team.To lead by example and to consistently display the desired EMCOR value and behaviour set. To support, and through personal behaviour, drive for continued improvement of working relationships with EMCORUK operational teams and support functions on the GSK account.
Essential proven track record of 7+ years delivery of construction projects (preferably within Pharma).
CDM certificates along with a minimum SMSTS preferable IOSH / NEBOSH.
Competent understanding of building services and experience of FM.
Degree in Mech / Elec Eng / Construction management / project management preferable.
Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures
Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment
An awareness of health and safety procedures and legislation – for running a safe construction site
Numerical and IT skills, including knowledge of relevant building methods and project management software to manage information and finances during the project.
A good knowledge of industrial energy use, and previous experience of energy reduction projects.
• 25 days annual leave
• Pension schemes
• Cycle scheme
• Company sick pay
• Flexible Working policy where applicable and feasible
• Employee benefit discounts including childcare vouchers
• Personal Development opportunities: our appraisal process is designed to identify your training needs and the personal development goals needed to progress your career.
• Staff canteen (subsidised) at Stevenage, Ware and Weybridge (Not sure about the other sites).
• Discount on GSK Products in Onsite shop (Aqua fresh, Sensodyne, Voltarol,… )
• In Learning with (url removed) content (Linked in Learning), Career Innovation, Leading Edge – online platforms for professional development and growth
• Creating Balance; our steering group promotes Diversity and Inclusion throughout our business.
• Mental Health and Wellbeing; Mind is our EMCOR UK charity, and as such mental health and wellbeing is an important topic for us. To support this we have an Employee assistance programme available to you with free advice on dealing with personal problems such as; debt, legal issues, relationships, addictions and stress.
• Charitable Giving and Community; we offer two days off per annum for you to support your chosen charity.
• Recognising Excellence; our annual Employee Excellence Awards are designed to recognise and reward individuals or teams for their outstanding contribution and performance at work
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.