To take the lead on, one of two, telephony change projects; Contact Centre Telephony or Office Telephony. Working with a new supplier and numerous internal stakeholders and champions.An active lead and participation is vital.
Surrey County Council (SCC) is committed to replacing the existing telephony systems with a flexible solution. This must be completed by August 2024. The post holder will lead engagement between numerous business leads and the new supplier to deploy Telephony to where there is a business need. Delivery activities will include stakeholder engagement, business analysis, project management, implementation and systems integration. PRINCE 2 is the basis of the project management processes used. The role will be office and agile based. It will require the need to work in most of the 134 SCC sites, throughout deployment.
Line management responsibility:
Matrix manage staff, team members & technicians working on the Telephony projects.
Analysis, Reporting & Documentation * Prepare and analyse management information, including financial reports / project plans, recommending actions as appropriate.
* Maintain, develop and review business support systems, processes and procedures to secure a quality, cost effective service and continuous improvement. Service Delivery
* Deliver a range of specialist services advising and assisting customers in area of expertise, to maximise service quality, efficiency and continuity.
* Maintains knowledge of the organisation's current systems, policies and procedures.
* Resolve issues/queries independently, recommend alternative solutions if unable to assist, and ensure efficient, day-to day customer service is delivered.
Planning & Organising * Monitor service objectives and standards within own area of work to ensure effective service delivery. * Plan and prioritise own work activities for the months ahead, to ensure operational efficiency. Respond effectively to changing demands, adjusting priorities as needed.
Finance/Resource Management * Assist budget/resource management in accordance with the organisation's policies and procedures. * Maintains, develops and reviews financial support systems, processes and procedures. Work with others * Liaise, communicate and build relationships with other internal departments, customers, partner organisations, agencies and/or contractors to support and represent the team/service. * Undertake and coordinate projects and reviews in a defined area of activity to support and enhance service delivery.
People Management Either: * Manage staff, allocating and prioritising their work and manage performance to secure efficient service delivery. * Oversee the work of others as the most experienced team member. And/Or: * Operate as an individual maintaining and improving operational efficiency and quality of service of own area. * May be recognised as the main point of contact for a particular specialised process, system or procedure or for a senior member of staff.
Duties for all Values: To uphold the values and behaviours of the organisation.
Equality & Diversity: To work inclusively, with a diverse range of stakeholders and promote equality of opportunity. Health, Safety & Welfare: To maintain high standards of Health, Safety and Welfare at work and take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others.
* Educated to 'A' level standard, or able to evidence ability at an equivalent level.
* Professional business qualification to NVQ Level 4, or able to evidence knowledge and understanding of appropriate business disciplines; willingness to study for a relevant professional qualification if appropriate.
* For some roles a relevant degree may be required.
* Excellent IT skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to build sound relationships with customers, adapting styles to different situations.
* High level administrative/organisational and analyticall skills.
* Ability to manage a range of projects through to completion.
* Effective interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
* Practical experience and understanding of business supporting service teams and/or providing support to the public (where appropriate).
* Experience of leading a team (where appropriate).
Details of the specific qualifications:
Has experience of working in a project environment and knowledge of project management principles and methodologies inculding PRINCE 2. Able to work flexibly in terms of working hours and many locations in Surrey. Understanding of IT infrastructure. Understanding of Telephony, and how it is used in local government offices would be highly advantageous.
Roles at this level may manage a straightforward operational activity or small team, provide specialist support services or they may be in the second year of a professional career development role. They have in-depth knowledge of methods, systems and procedures and possess practical understanding in one or more disciplines, for example finance, HR, communications, facilities, procurement. They are often process expert's seeking to deliver maximum efficiency within a defined process. They work collaboratively with customers, staff, partner organisations, agencies and/or contractors and play a major role in maintaining quality standards and/or engaging in project management.Location is Woodhatch Reigate but this project will involve visiting every SCC across the county, but will also allow working from home as well. So the successful candidate will need to have a car they can use for work.
Connect2Surrey, part of Surrey County Council & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates