My client is the world leader in software and hardware products for many industries.
They are now looking for a Production Engineer to introduce new products from Development into Production, the generation of test jigs and fixtures to aid with the build/test of production items and the continued improvement of existing processes and products.
* Design and build tools/jigs/gauges.
* Assist with the introduction of new products.
* Assist in the development of testing protocols for new products.
* Assist with the on-going improvement of current product with development of tools/jigs/gauges.
* Actively involved with the build/creation of prototype products.
* Assist in the risk prevention/design improvement process by actively feeding back observations from the prototype/current build.
* Maintaining the build and test facility, ensuring that it is working to specification by routinely performing and documenting control tests.
* Diagnosing product faults (full assemblies and sub-assemblies to component level) and managing the repair/replacement either by returning the item to the manufacturer via the Stock Controller or correcting the fault in-house.
* To assemble and wire electro-mechanical assemblies with reference to assembly drawings, Bills of Materials and wiring/schematic diagrams
* Assembly and testing (including any necessary electronic adjustment/ optical alignment) of all assembled products.
* To occasionally assist in other areas where necessary to meet business needs e.g. testing, programming, stock counts and packing
* To participate in training activities for flexible working
* To participate in Quality Control, Waste Minimisation or other improvement activities
* Ideally to hold a bachelor’s degree (or have equivalent experience) in Mechanical Engineering
* Experience in the use of CAD
* Proven background in production tool manufacture
* Proven background in electronic/circuit test jigs
* Meticulous with a good eye for detail
* Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
* Enthusiastic and committed to the goals of the Company
* Organised and tidy
* Exhibit good written and verbal communications skills
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.