Product Owner (SCADA)
* Division: Control Systems Support
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Product Owner (SCADA) role to join our Electricity System Operator (ESO) Network Control team. This is a highly visible role and you will have to have enough SCADA and Network Analysis technical experience to contribute to delivery of the project. You will be responsible for delivery of defined elements of Network Control Management tools within the Network Control Programme focusing on Solution, Technology and team deliverables.
You will also be an expert in SCADA and Network Analysis systems and will be able to apply this knowledge to help us to build situational awareness tools of the future.
If you are excited about change and comfortable with shaping and delivering fast-paced projects, if you care about making our customers and stakeholders’ experience of working with the ESO a great experience, and if you believe that good communication, collaboration and inquisitiveness drive better results, then please reach out! We would love to hear from you.
About the role
* Develop, own and execute defined elements of the product roadmap.
* Translate product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user-stories and acceptance criteria.
* Develop, priorities and continuously maintain the product backlog.
* Work in an Agile environment and continuously review the business needs, refine priorities, outline milestones and deliverables, etc.
* Lead the development of and own user stories, acceptance criteria and accepting into the product baseline.
* Organise sprints where necessary and evaluate progress at each iteration stage.
* Deliver strategy and Agile release into the production environment, aligned to the ESO Business Plan, under direction of the Product Manager.
* Works with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including analytics, design/user experience, engineering, and user enablement.
* Act as the primary liaison for defined products.
* Familiarity with project management techniques (preferably SAFe).
* Experience of SCADA and Network Analysis tools, delivery, maintenance and enhancement.
* Experience of SCADA integration with external stakeholders and customers using industry standard techniques.
* Experience of Data extraction, manipulation and validation.
* Experience of Product Ownership and a proven track record of delivering solutions.
* Familiarity with Virtualisation, database management, networking, windows and Linux operating systems.
* Stakeholder engagement and management.
* Experience of working with cross-functional teams.
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent relevant experience)
* Power Systems Scada Integration
* CPO (Certified Product Owner), Agile / Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) qualifications
As the Electricity System Operator (ESO) for Great Britain we are in a privileged position. We sit at the heart of the energy system, using our outstanding engineering and commercial expertise to balance electricity supply and demand second by second. Ultimately, we keep the lights on and the electricity flowing directly to where it’s needed.
We also play an instrumental part in transforming the energy system so that it can meet the government’s net zero carbon emissions target by 2050. We are constantly thinking about the future of energy and constantly working to operate a greener and cleaner system. Not only are we working on exciting and world-leading thinking and activities, the ESO is also an exciting place to work. Join us and you won’t just be touching the lives of almost everyone in Great Britain – you will be shaping the way we use and consume energy for generations to come.
What you'll get
* A competitive salary between £49,000 – 62,000 – dependent on capability
* As well as your base salary, you will receive a bonus based on personal and company performance and a competitive contributory pension scheme where we will double match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%. You will also have access to flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.