Product Data Programmer
Everest have an exciting opportunity within the business for a performance-driven, innovative, and organised Product Data Programmer.
Everest values are Innovation, Communication, Ownership and Networking. We are looking for people who share our passions and want to contribute to our continued success.
As the Product Data Programmer, your main role will be to manage and work on development requests in various systems which deal with our product information.
This is a full-time, permanent role and will be based from our Hertfordshire Head Office.
What the role will involve:
* Coding in a variety of programme languages and extracting data out of the system.
* Ensuring any new system developments are captured and understood by the wider business and key decision makers.
* Making short, medium and long term solutions to problems and making recommendations.
* Assessing the effectiveness of the IT infrastructure and applications; making suggestions for improvements where appropriate.
* Designing, programming, and testing of product part data, fabrication details, pricing rules, promotional offers and visual image generation for new products or product enhancements.
* Designing, developing, and testing of outputs from the systems.
* Administration of the Configurator central hub system, to include the monitoring of the hub performance.
* Engaging in project management activities.
What we are looking for:
* Previous experience in writing and dealing with internally built systems and their integration.
* Proven experience of programming in Java and J2ee.
* Experience of using SQL database queries.
* Project management principals and experience in complex IT projects.
* Excellent communication skills, including report writing and technical presentations.
* Experience of creating product rules designs in Product Configurator software.
* Advanced knowledge of MS Office Applications.
* Experience of programming in in Lisp and Visual Basic 6 would be advantageous.
* Understanding of product engineering design principals, manufacturing processes, or similar is desirable.
In return for your hard work as a Product Data Programmer, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance and career development opportunities.
If you are interested in this Product Data Programmer position, please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities business and do not discriminate on the grounds of 'Protected Characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.