RM is the leading supplier of technology and resources to the education sector, supporting schools, teachers and pupils across the globe – from pre-school to higher education – including examination boards, central governments and other professional institutions.
Our purpose is to enrich the lives of learners worldwide and we aim to improve the life chances of people – worldwide – by delivering great education products and services that help teachers to teach and learners to learn.
Join RM and Learn What’s Possible for you in your career
What we can offer you;
* £65,000 – £70,000 salary depending on experience
* 25 Days Annual Leave (with an option to buy an extra 5 days)
* Performance related bonus scheme
What’s the purpose of the role?
A product-focussed Architect assumes responsibility for the technical architecture of one or more products and for the technical product roadmaps. They will work closely with Product Owners to understand their product vision and define and drive a technical architecture roadmap for the product in line with the product strategy. The Product Architect plays a key role in the software delivery process, working with delivery teams to ensure that product design and implementation delivers high quality software across a variety of platforms and technologies in line with RM standards and industry best practice.
As part of a wider proposition, the Product Architect is also responsible for helping to ensure that all of our software products and services complement and support our overall propositions for customers. They play a key role in helping to define the strategic direction of the software proposition by identifying opportunities that can be capitalised upon to further strengthen it, simplifying the communication of the customer benefits to non-technical colleagues and customers and achieving buy-in from their technical colleagues across the group.
This role will be a senior technical role within RM’s Technology division and as such, will be required to exhibit leadership qualities both internally and externally. They will be responsible for ensuring that the product technical strategic vision is communicated across the technical teams and will support them through the product’s delivery ensuring that the strategic vision is realised, the technologies and standards adopted are appropriate and are consistently applied. They will also be required to represent RM externally with partners, supplies and customers through participation in industry forums, working groups, meetings and seminars.
What does the job entail?
A Product Architect will:
* Work with Product Owners to understand their product vision and define and drive a technical architecture roadmap for the product in line with the product strategy considering both functional and non-functional requirements including scalability, concurrency, resilience, security and maintainability
* Identify and resolve all key design decisions
* Articulate the benefits of technical solutions to achieve buy-in from both technical and non-technical stakeholders and adopt a position as the solution technical authority
* Play a key role in the development of the wider high-stakes assessment proposition working with colleagues to ensure that all products complement each other and provide an integrated end-to-end solution delivering clear benefits to the customer
* Ensure product boundaries are defined and that interfaces across boundaries (either between customer or RM systems or applications) are specified consistently following RM standards and industry best-practice
* Work closely with Technical and Solution Architects and the delivery teams throughout the development lifecycle providing guidance and steering to ensure successful delivery in line with RM architecture standards and industry best practice.
What are we looking for?
It is critical that the product-focussed Architect has a complete understanding of the product architecture and design as well as understanding the product roadmap and vision developed by the Product Owners. They must have excellent communication skills, and the ability to communicate and influence both internally and externally with key stakeholders. In addition, they will have:
* Experience as solution lead of a cross-functional software implementation project
* Experience of working in an Agile software development environment
* Knowledge and experience of working in the full Software Delivery Lifecycle
* Experience of defining and guiding a (smaller) product technical roadmap (Desirable)
* Completed ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation training (Desirable)
* Experience of working with senior decision makers within customer organisations
* Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders with the ability to translate technical requirements into business and product benefits
* The ability to influence internal and external stakeholders of all levels, using flexibility of approach
* Demonstrable ability to motivate teams to work together in the most efficient manner
* Flexibility and adaptability
What’s in it for you?
As well as a competitive salary, you could earn a performance related bonus and you would receive our core benefits package which includes private medical healthcare, life assurance and a Group Personal Pension Plan with higher contribution levels available.
There is lots of voluntary benefits too. You could buy additional annual leave, join our dental plan, sign for a health assessment or take part in our cycle to work scheme. You could even earn yourself an extra bonus for successfully recommending a friend or family member for a position within RM.
At RM we are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive and flexible workplace where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
At RM, we offer My Work Blend @RM which allows flexible, multi location working. Our offices are now hubs for collaboration and My Work Blend @RM is designed to empower our people with the flexibility to work from the locations and to the hours that allow them to be most productive. We trust our people to make appropriate decisions and have the right discussions with their Manager and colleagues to support this
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.