Wood Mackenzie is looking for a future focused Principle Software Engineer (.Net) with excellent problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills to join our industry-leading data analytics company. Your role will be responsible for the continued development and support of software within our Business Solutions function including:
· Marketing and Sales online capabilities (events, eCommerce and high-value content distribution)
· Integration to existing systems and Wood Mackenzie APIs
We are committed to growing our people and organisation, helping them to thrive and reach their full potential. We seek out different perspectives in our inclusive workplace to foster wellbeing and belonging. Our work is transforming Wood Mackenzie, we are building an engineering team & culture which is already delivering great Products for our customers
* Lead implementation and delivery ensuring coding, unit testing, system integration, defect resolution, and technical documentation adheres to our standards
* Consistently demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills, initiative and drive
* Responsible for the overall technical quality of project deliverables
* Proactively identify problems with requirements and communicates these issues early to help course-correct
* Assist in troubleshooting and support efforts for existing systems and applications, focused on improving our existing systems and applications
* Ownership of technical project needs and communications
* Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
* Perform post-mortems for outages, high priority bugs and infrastructure issues and present lessons learned.
* Promote shared ownership of code though code reviews, standards and documentation
* Participate in the definition and implementation of the engineering team roadmap.
* Measurable improvements to the team’s output and the adoption of best practices and standards.
* Holding yourself to the highest of professional and ethical standards and expecting the same of co-workers.
* Work in collaboration with business functions, external agency teams and colleagues to perform scoping, estimation and technology feasibility tasks for the intended solution
* Manage dependencies among engineering activities and constantly monitor, assess and control the technical execution
* Address technical queries and elicit, prioritise, and negotiate changes to requirements and defects
* Reduce dependencies among engineers and promote code reuse and modularisation
* Review and manage the technical quality of deliverables ensuring it aligns with best practices
* Actively promote and set coding best practices including code reuse and readability
* Manage escalations from project teams and work towards resolutions in a collaborative manner balancing customer value and technical debt
* Promote a culture of code quality and continuous improvement
* Present tech talks on design and architecture decisions, approaches and best practices
* Work in collaboration with test engineers to triage, manage and resolve issues and defects
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.